By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rockstar Exec: "not sure" whether GTA IV DLC will be released this year...

Link:  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/928/928296p1.html

Grand Theft Auto IV's Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable content looks to be a little further along the horizon, with Rockstar executive Dan Houser recently stating he's 'not sure' whether it will be released this year.

Speaking upon the games launch in Japan, some six months after it released to critical applause this May, Houser told Variety blog The Cut Scene "We don't know a date. We're more focused on quality than dates, always have been. But the development is going really good. It's shaping up to be something we're very proud of."

Equally ambiguous is what form the downloadable content will take, or at what price point it would hit Xbox Live, but naturally as soon as any tangible details emerge we'll post them here for your delectation.

And still no clue on what the DLC even is. 

Worst 50 million spent ever if this doesn't come before Christmas to help sagging sales?

Around the Network

GeOW 2 cost 18 million to make, what was MS thinking spending 50M on DLC when a game costing $18 million sells 2.5M first week?

50 million to Microsoft is nothing..hehe

I don't really mind the extra DLC, because I don't own GTA IV.

I don't know if your talking about GTA4 sinking sales but my guess is that people that don't have this game already prolly don't even know about the 360's DLC and I can't see the DLC really helping push games all that much.

Yep 50 million is too much,even if it would have been for Gta Iv for Xbox 360 only.

But I'm not interested about it,well if they would bring jet packs,flamethowers and all that shi that made Gta San Andreas so great...

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
xlost7 said:

Microsoft as a whole, maybe, but MGS?  I'd disagree...

But that's not the topic of this thread, is it?

"focused on quality".....thats.....interesting.....

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

xlost7 said:

It's also nothing to Sony OVERALL but contrary to popular belief, the game section of said businesses have this thing called a budget.

Yep the 50 million DLC was a fail. Jus MS throwing money around they might want to stop that as their stocks continue to tumble.

DMeisterJ said:
xlost7 said:

Microsoft as a whole, maybe, but MGS?  I'd disagree...

But that's not the topic of this thread, is it?

You clearly said "the worst 50 million spent" right? So I bought up that the "50 million is nothing to Microsoft or Microsoft Game Studios for that manner".