By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pathetic Symphonia 2 marketing.

Seriously i wanna blow up Namco bandai for being such *****'s. And they still haven't bothered to localise Vesperia for Europe. This sequel is one of VERY few hardcore titles out for wii this holiday and i see it selling more than most non-FF JRPG's but where is the marketing?The first symphonia sold more in NA than most tales games combined(in NA) Nintendo also need to fund the marketing for this game, i don't play my wii ever(coz it sucks) and i'm going to import this and play it on my freeloader but cmon, if this game sells less than Vesperia's first week then to hell with releasing any mroe JRPG's on the wii. Also Vesperia in Europe...does anyone have a release date? My god this company is like stuck in the 20th century.

---

Around the Network

May I assume, from your username, that you were a fan of the first Tales of Symphonia?

I wouldn't worry about it much. Dawn of the New World looks like it may eventually outsell Vesperia based on Japanese sales alone, never mind US sales. But yes, it is disconcerting that advertisement for the game is so nonexistent. I wonder why it is.

Tales is a really niche game. Could it be that Namco simply believes that everyone who would have bought it already knows about it?

that's a stupid mindset to have, i'm not saying this game is going to sell liek friggin FF..it's not but peopel(even namco) were surprised by the first symphonia's sales..it did very very well, this is a sequel to a gamethat did very well. Symphonia on GC is the best selling tales game in US by a mile, that's because GC had almost zero JRPG's and they marketed it fairly well...why not do it with this because it's on a more popular platform(Wii is FAR more popular than GC) AND the wii also has almost no JRPG's...if any good games at all.

---

I'll definitely buy it, pity a Euro release date is not available!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Khuutra said:

I wouldn't worry about it much. Dawn of the New World looks like it may eventually outsell Vesperia based on Japanese sales alone, never mind US sales.

Considering how MediaCreate had Symphonia at roughly 230k a month ago, how close this site has the two titles, and the margin of error, I'd say there's a very strong chance that that's already the case. Which is a pity, because Vesperia was actually pretty well-crafted, while New World (supposedly) is not.

As to the topic, why is anyone surprised at the lack of marketing? Namco made it clear from the get-go that this is a low budget spinoff made by a C team ("low budget" and "spinoff" were actually used by their marketing folks at one time or another in describing this game). I'm sure their mindset is to just let this title ride on its own, and milk it for every drop they can.

Around the Network

Yeah, well, I didn't know that because I haven't been following the game. I'm buying it because my girlfriend loves the character of Kratos and Cam Clarke is her favorite VA ever.

Damn you, sexy narrator.

why would nintendo fund the marketing?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
why would nintendo fund the marketing?

Because "i don't play my wii ever(coz it sucks) and i'm going to import this and play it on my freeloader but cmon, if this game sells less than Vesperia's first week then to hell with releasing any mroe JRPG's on the wii."

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

I wouldn't worry about it much. Dawn of the New World looks like it may eventually outsell Vesperia based on Japanese sales alone, never mind US sales.

Considering how MediaCreate had Symphonia at roughly 230k a month ago, how close this site has the two titles, and the margin of error, I'd say there's a very strong chance that that's already the case. Which is a pity, because Vesperia was actually pretty well-crafted, while New World (supposedly) is not.

As to the topic, why is anyone surprised at the lack of marketing? Namco made it clear from the get-go that this is a low budget spinoff made by a C team ("low budget" and "spinoff" were actually used by their marketing folks at one time or another in describing this game). I'm sure their mindset is to just let this title ride on its own, and milk it for every drop they can.

Do you have a citation/link on that comment by Namco's PR people? I don't doubt they may have felt that way (that seems to be the third party reaction to the Wii -- then they wonder why they don't get sales). But to actually say it publicly would be stupid. Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Namco didn't advertise Tales of Vesperia at all in the US and they didn't advertise Tales of Symphonia here either.