By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Go buy Valkyria Chronicles NOW

You people are discovering now how niche SRPG are?
I got over it years ago, when FF Tactics launched.
It won't ever get better.

Around the Network
ookaze said:

Apparently Disgaea is LESS niche than this, for some #$)@#(*$)#($*) reason... Honestly, c'mon... This is to ALL OF YOU PLAYSTATION 3 People who hasn't AT LEAST played the demo for this game yet, as someone already said:

Don't EVER ask for an AWESOME Japanese RPG, EVER AGAIN, if this is how you going to treat Valkyria Chronicles.

Those sales figures dont track amazon, I think a lot of people ordered from there, they were running various special offers

errorrrr said:
ookaze said:

Apparently Disgaea is LESS niche than this, for some #$)@#(*$)#($*) reason... Honestly, c'mon... This is to ALL OF YOU PLAYSTATION 3 People who hasn't AT LEAST played the demo for this game yet, as someone already said:

Don't EVER ask for an AWESOME Japanese RPG, EVER AGAIN, if this is how you going to treat Valkyria Chronicles.

Disgaea 3 is less niche because of the 3.

That and the humor.  I mean, all it takes is someone to say DOOD or something else crazy quote wise from the game... a nd someome laughs and asks what it's from... then soemone posts a youtube clip of a funny scene with the Prinnys or Prism rangers or something, then a bunch of people see it and laugh, and 2 or 3 get a Disgaea game and get hooked.

Valkria Chronicles really doesn't have the same kind of style that would attract additional buyers, nor the time so far to attract it.

It's just awesome because it's awesome and only will spread via word of mouth by peopel directly talking about how awesome it is. 

Which... how many times have people told you a game was awesome when it really sucked?  So it's less of a pull/

Videogirl said:

I'm thinking of buying an extra copy...

At first i laughed.  Then i remembered what i had to go through to get a second copy for Front Mission 3.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
realill said:
NYANKS said:
realill said:
Finished it yesterday. Great game. Thinking about second run.

Not only should you run through it again, you should go door to door telling people about the awesomeness that is Valkyria.

Heh, the PS3 install base is quite low here in Siberia, so I guess it kind of useless to do this running thing you mentioned ;).

Damn, I just got owned by Siberia. Of all the places to live, lol. Well, I'm sure PS3 has the biggest base in Siberia....... *runs away*

Nah, the 360 does.  Because it doubles as a space heater. (rimshot.)

Kasz216 said:
NYANKS said:
realill said:
NYANKS said:
realill said:
Finished it yesterday. Great game. Thinking about second run.

Not only should you run through it again, you should go door to door telling people about the awesomeness that is Valkyria.

Heh, the PS3 install base is quite low here in Siberia, so I guess it kind of useless to do this running thing you mentioned ;).

Damn, I just got owned by Siberia. Of all the places to live, lol. Well, I'm sure PS3 has the biggest base in Siberia....... *runs away*

Nah, the 360 does.  Because it doubles as a space heater. (rimshot.)

No, because you can mod XBox 360 and play games for free ;). We love free stuff in Russia :P. Still PS3 is my choise for gaming.  And VC is one of the reasons why.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

outlawauron said:
mibuokami said:
Videogirl said:

errorrrr said:
Videogirl said:

I'm thinking of buying an extra copy...

What just two copies??? I have a Japanese copy, a US copy, AND a European copy... C'mon people, this is the greatest RPG so far on the PS3... WERENT YOU GUYS CRYING FOR RPG??? TherE IS ONE and YOU IGNORE IT?!??!??!

Seriously, I can't put to words how angry and disappointed by the PS3 community.

Then I'm gonna buy the limited japanese edition with :

• The game disk
  • Motor Tank model Edelweiss special version
  • 80 mm figure of Alicia Melchiott
  • World Guide (setting information book)

+ the original soundtrack, the strategic guide and a Selvaria figure too ...

And will religiously follow the anime, and buy it on DVD when it'll be available.

I actually really really want to get this, but the usual online store (playasia) that ships to australia is out of stock. Can you recommend any store? I'm serious! I want the LE version of this!!

I did too! It was on play asia for all of two days. I didn't get it because I thought $120 was too much. I was wrong.

And I don't this was a huge budget but they did make an engine just for this game. However, it should cross my prediction of 300k WW and make 400k at least.

Yes they made engine for it but this engine can be easily used to produce few similar games.

But anyway I think we won't be seeing many srpgs in the future till instalation base rises to about 100-150M people for next gen machines when it will be profitable to release them as PSN/XBL titles.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

honestly, i WILL get it if an R3 asian copy is ever released (i must have the DLCs)
unless of course anyone of you is kind enough to buy a US PSN card for me :P

anyone thought of starting a petition to get sega to release a sequel? (and maybe get them to release the R3 version already)

Don't worry about a sequel, if the anime has even the slightest success we will get one for sure (the game has a strong fanbase in Japan) and who knows maybe Valkyria Chronicles is the new Sakura Taisen from Sega.

Can you imagine a musical about VC ??