By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Go buy Valkyria Chronicles NOW

hahaha, this thread is awesome, especially vagabond's rants towards people who are not planning on picking this game up :D

Around the Network

You should really get this game, beautiful graphics, amazing atmosphere, wonderful story, great battle system, just one of the best RPG games out there for this generation. You wanted to have exclusive RPG's on the PS3, now you've got one!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I'll be buying it, but not right now.

Onyxmeth said:
The_vagabond7 said:

It's the best RPG of any genre this generation, and best strategy RPG to come about in I don't know how long. This is one that will be talked about for years to come, it's really honestly that good. For anybody that hasn't bought it, do it. It's even 10 dollars off at amazon. Their are only two valid excuses for not owning this game. (1) you don't own a PS3 (I'll understand if this is the reason) or (2) You fail at life and you always will (this is not a valid excuse)

See larger image and other views

Valkyria Chronicles

Other products by Sega Of America, Inc.
Platform:   PLAYSTATION 3   |   ESRB Rating:  Teen
  (1 customer review)
List Price: $59.99
Price: $49.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $10.00 (17%)
Special Offers Available
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Want it delivered Tuesday, November 11? Order it in the next 23 hours and 24 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. See details

I fall under the first category. I guess I'm off the hook...for now. I'm a sucker for strategy RPGs so I will assuredly pick this up down the line. No way this can be better than Advance Wars Dual Strike though. My head would explode from sheer awesomeness overload if that were to be true.

They're actually kinda similar honestly.  I mean you even have COs in the vein of "orders" that have similar effects.

Kasz216 said:

They're actually kinda similar honestly.  I mean you even have COs in the vein of "orders" that have similar effects.

You are speaking all of the right words here. I may have to bump this up to numero uno when I get a PS3. Is there online matches also?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Kasz216 said:

You are speaking all of the right words here. I may have to bump this up to numero uno when I get a PS3. Is there online matches also?

Sadly no... it's the one "flaw" with the game really... cause it would be amazingly fun online in versus or co-op.

Kasz216 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Kasz216 said:

Sadly no... it's the one "flaw" with the game really... cause it would be amazingly fun online in versus or co-op.

That's a big flaw, but it's no dealbreaker. I was thinking of MGS4, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 as my first three games, but after the bombing MS2 took, I have no faith in their being an active online community, so much of it's worth has gone to the wayside. Valkyria could be a nice replacement.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

*~Onna76~* said:

You should really get this game, beautiful graphics, amazing atmosphere, wonderful story, great battle system, just one of the best RPG games out there for this generation. You wanted to have exclusive RPG's on the PS3, now you've got one!

Came back just to make this post, lol.

Does North America version of this game have original Japanese dialogue support?

If it does, I am thinking to pick this one up after seeing so many great reviews about this game.

It sure does. :)