By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fuzzmosis gets Bitter at: Resistance 2: Resist Harder!

I am beginning to feel like a bitter old man.

This afternoon, in honor of Resistance 2, me and my friend finally beat Co-Op of Resistance, Fall of Man starring Nathan Hale and Nathan Hale's black friend. Apparently blue is superior to red in their world. Yes, that comment makes sense.

Afterwards, our goal was to start the Resistance 2 campaign in a similar manner.  First off, we are greeted by the worst looking introduction screen I have seen in this generation. Serously, did they forget to look at this? Off to Co-Op story mode! Well, for those who tried this you may find that there is no "Story" campaign. Single player only.  Whoops! Well, oh well, there's still that new campaign! Online Co-Op, woot!

Question 1) Why can't I sign in as another user? I'm stuck under my friends profile. Well, I guess that's fine. Question 2) Why the hell doesn't it save Player 2's stats? After getting my medic to level 4 after many many deaths (And until you get used to the way the game works, you will die, and wait a minute or so to start over) we took a break, had Pizza, and returned to find: My medic doesn't exist. Player 2's stats were all level 1. Play Co-Op Mode, get Level 30, and then lose it! Way to keep us fucking rewarded!

Seriously, fuck that. Let us log in as another user and let us Save details then, don't punish people who enjoy playing a game together in the same room by erasing one's existance.  Bitter!

Now, the next bitterness may not be shared, but why did they take Resistance and turn it into Call of Duty 4? Was their entire design document: Take Resistance Fall of Man charecters and CoD4 gameplay mechanics, and mix? Hell, it even has the hold button to make gun shoot better mechanic for the Bullseye! Seriously, what the fuck? Seriously, even in multiplayer, use the Melee (R3 of course now) as the soldier, and your guy charges forward with a knife swipe....

Is this what a sequel has become now? Rather than building upon the mechanics that made the franchise itself, you will take the mechanics of a more popular shooter? Insomniac, you once charmed me with a decent introductory shooter and a  nice world in Ratchet and Clank, but this is a big fuck you to me, cutting and pasting what's popular and making it fit in your universe. Why innovate when you can regress? Why differentiate when you can fit the mold?

Is this design by committee showing in a once talented developer, or am I just being too much of an asshole?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

to much of an asshole...

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

cod4 and R2 are two complete different games,one is meant for ultra realism,the other is a arcady shooter.I felt the Controls were more updated than ripped off(pretty much cod's control scheme will be the new standard). they both are just played so differently.

Shrug, I suppose it is unfair of me to expect a feature they have in the game for split screen to save the work I put in, or a game to not re-skin another, popular game.

I seem rather facetious saying that. Probably for a reason.

Side note: Sadly, I didn't get to try multiplayer Death Match. We only got a few Co-op missions in before constant network problems forced us to only play Offline. Mayhaps that would have made me a bit less bitter, making magnum shells explode on random people. Apparently though, leveling up and getting new equipment is becomming standard too....

See Ya George.

Why dont you play the campaign and finish it

mM
Around the Network

Leo-J: We would have loved to play a Co-Op campaign and finished it.

See the problem with that? Playing video games with friends and all? Nathan Hale's black friend wanted to return.

See Ya George.

lol

Yea I know really stupid that insomniac didnt add co-op for the CAMPAIGN, but did for the online campaign XD

mM

No campaign co-op was a huge dissapointment.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

U can't please everybody. If they had made the single player campaign Co-Op, then it would not have been possible to have so many things going on at one time with a solid frame rate. To fix this, they would have to lower the textures/graphics and then more people wouldve complained because they already say that R2's graphics sucks. U can't please everybody and to me, everything they did was good (besides the not logging in for Player 2 multiplayer).

Fuzzmosis said:

Hell, it even has the hold button to make gun shoot better mechanic for the Bullseye! Seriously, what the fuck?

Didn't they already have this in the first Resistance?