By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 impressions...

IGN gave Gears of War 2 the same award for the same show...

And last time I checked KZ2 was an oft-delayed game as opposed to a "released" game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Jesus, I love this game SO much! I didn't think it was possible to improve on perfection this much.

It's much more colorful, with more varied environments. There's SO much going on around you that you really do get the feeling that you're part of something bigger (hundreds of enemies at times, Brumaks and Seeders popping up out of nowhere, large squads of allied soldiers helping you out, the list goes on!)

They fixed all of the glithces from the first game--no host advantage, shotgun DDR, no more accidentally slamming into cover while you're running, it's AWESOME.

And don't even get me started on Horde--I've played that alone for at least 10 hours already

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
starcraft said:
IGN gave Gears of War 2 the same award for the same show...

And last time I checked KZ2 was an oft-delayed game as opposed to a "released" game.

It doesn't matter.  PS3 = HDMI 1.3, 360 = HDMI 1.2.  This means that for the 360 title to be superior is mathematically impossible.  thejuicingamer knows this; don't try to fool him.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

nice troll thread...

Well I'll see in the long run, maybe my opinion will change on the game but right now the multiplayer sucks balls, you can't choose you map, no customization of the game, its mostly random also why can't I even quit a match thats so laggy its pretty much unplayable ? The characters weight doesn't feel as much as the first one, and Dom is a big cry babby now.

Still the single player mode other than the textures that are not as good as the first one is pretty good.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

Around the Network

Been playing a bit. I was so excited when I got my Collectors Edition that I almost dropped the disk prior to putting it in my 360. The games graphics are amazing, and the whole experience seems much larger, with humanities struggle against the locusts taking a grander approach. Story is more fleshed out and bigger. A must buy for 360 owners, and a serious contender for GOTY (IMO)!

Are you playing on a high def tv ? The graphics look amazing on my 32" Samsung

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

SolidSnitch said:
Well I'll see in the long run, maybe my opinion will change on the game but right now the multiplayer sucks balls, you can't choose you map, no customization of the game, its mostly random also why can't I even quit a match thats so laggy its pretty much unplayable ? The characters weight doesn't feel as much as the first one, and Dom is a big cry babby now.

Still the single player mode other than the textures that are not as good as the first one is pretty good.

1. Play a private match.  You can pick the map, gametype, and tweak all kinds of options (like mess around with weapon spawns)

2. I have no idea what lag you're talking about, but try to imagine what the rest of your team would be thinking.  "Oh, perfect, not only do we ha lag but some f*cker on our team quit!"

3. "...Dom is a big cry babby now." Yes, how dare someone get emotional that their wife is lost somewhere on a planet gettingoverrun by aliens.  By the way, aren't you a huge Metal Gear Solid fan? XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
SolidSnitch said:

1. Play a private match. You can pick the map, gametype, and tweak all kinds of options (like mess around with weapon spawns)

2. I have no idea what lag you're talking about, but try to imagine what the rest of your team would be thinking. "Oh, perfect, not only do we ha lag but some f*cker on our team quit!"

3. "...Dom is a big cry babby now." Yes, how dare someone get emotional that their wife is lost somewhere on a planet gettingoverrun by aliens. By the way, aren't you a huge Metal Gear Solid fan? XD

If he is, then I am suprised that he would complained about a character being emo(which is not a bad thing at all). Western developers may be ahead of Japanese developers but Western developers can still learn a thing or two about storytelling from the Japanese. I don't mean they should use 45 minute cutscenes. I just mean that Western developers shouldn't make their characters so stereotypical(though the Japanese developers do it a lot too). If Dom is emo, then he has broken the "emotionless muscle man" stereotype. Western developers seem to be improving their storytelling. There seems to be a groning trend with first person shooters starting to have deeper stories.

HeroeDeLeyenda said:
Are you playing on a high def tv ? The graphics look amazing on my 32" Samsung

I play on a 52" samsung. I really do not think the graphics are that great.  They are good but nothing special.