By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo vs Forza

indodude said:
When GT5 comes out (2009 possibly 2010) IMO it will murder every racing simulator on the shelves.

Agreed, Theirs more going into GT5 than any other GT ever, and its coming out in 2009 so it wont be that much more of a wait at all man.

Around the Network
Bboid said:
Onyxmeth said:

Ummm...online? Damage? I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, but Forza and other racing sims had numerous features that GT has to catch up on. For you to say there is nothing they do better is very ignorant.

The Lions/Titans comparison is cute, but is so rediculously off considering that both series are a success in sales numbers, both similarly critically acclaimed and are both liked very much by their fans.

Damage?  Yes it has been pointed out numerous times that this is an issue with the GT series and where it lacks.  BUT do you even know why there is no damage?  It is at no fault to the developers and much to do with liscensing from auto manufacturers.  I can not recall which exact manu/model the vehicle was, but they would not allow the use of damage to be applied to the in-game vehicle because the rendered vehicle followed EXACT specifications of the real auto.  Another point that add's to the realism of GT.

Because there was no damage in early releases of GT games they did add time penalties for hitting objects to urge players to race with the best line.  Forza crashing in a corner at 150 you can continue faster than the penalty given for the same infraction in GT.  This argument is "tit for tit" (-Dwight K Schrute).

With this said and keeping to my previous post.  The games are within each others parameters and it comes down more to personal preference of gameplay.

According to the latest interview, Ferrari is having trouble with the vehicle damage agreement. Porsche said they are ok with damage. I don't know the reason behind it because Forza has damage on the Ferraris and the Ferrari licensed game Ferrari Challenge has damage. Maybe because that Ferrari is using GT5/P as a promotional media for the new California or some other reasons.

G25 + GT5P = win.

kanariya said:
Bboid said:
Onyxmeth said:

Ummm...online? Damage? I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, but Forza and other racing sims had numerous features that GT has to catch up on. For you to say there is nothing they do better is very ignorant.

The Lions/Titans comparison is cute, but is so rediculously off considering that both series are a success in sales numbers, both similarly critically acclaimed and are both liked very much by their fans.

Damage?  Yes it has been pointed out numerous times that this is an issue with the GT series and where it lacks.  BUT do you even know why there is no damage?  It is at no fault to the developers and much to do with liscensing from auto manufacturers.  I can not recall which exact manu/model the vehicle was, but they would not allow the use of damage to be applied to the in-game vehicle because the rendered vehicle followed EXACT specifications of the real auto.  Another point that add's to the realism of GT.

Because there was no damage in early releases of GT games they did add time penalties for hitting objects to urge players to race with the best line.  Forza crashing in a corner at 150 you can continue faster than the penalty given for the same infraction in GT.  This argument is "tit for tit" (-Dwight K Schrute).

With this said and keeping to my previous post.  The games are within each others parameters and it comes down more to personal preference of gameplay.

According to the latest interview, Ferrari is having trouble with the vehicle damage agreement. Porsche said they are ok with damage. I don't know the reason behind it because Forza has damage on the Ferraris and the Ferrari licensed game Ferrari Challenge has damage. Maybe because that Ferrari is using GT5/P as a promotional media for the new California or some other reasons.

G25 + GT5P = win.

From what i've gathered, the difference is other games license the different cars out, so they are paying money to use them. The damage clause is probably in the agreement. Supposedly, Polyphony doesn't license vehicles, they are given the right to use them for free, but because of that, car manufacturers can say whether or not they want damage on the vehicles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Just wondering if any fanboy can tell me what they brought to the GT series from GT2-4 except better graphics, new cars and track ? They are all basically the same except one is more polished than the other. Just wondering.
I seriously hope with GT5 that they step-up from there previous games, still GT is great but Forza passed it in terms of all the different options you can have, the online, the car customization, damage, everything you need in a racing sim is there and makes it a complete package with the exception to the inside view.
I hope GT5 improve a lot of aspects of the game as it was my favourite racing game for a long time until Forza came around.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

GT5P was boring and very simple game last time I played it. Actually it reminded me some old 90's racing games where you could bounce of the wall in tight corners to save some time. I haven't tried Forza yet... and GT5 isn't out yet so stop talking like it is already...

Around the Network

Diddy Kong Racing > all

Stupid thread.

But it depends.

If you want realism go with Forza 2

If you want a more casual experience GT5P.

GT5P has better graphics, but Forza 2 has better realistic racing. The tuning options in Forza 2 are a notch above GT5P. And online is far superior.

I dont see how anyone can comment on either GT5 or Forza 3, as niether is out.

Isnt it like.. a matter of view/opinion?

I own Gran turismo 5:prolouge and ive played with plenty of friends on their xbox with Forza.

IN MY OPINION i feel gran turismo is way more... ''car realistic simulated'' but thats just me lol.. Forza is an amazing game too so dont get me wrong. I AM A PS3 FANBOY. Might want to think about that too XD, But in my opinion i perfer Gran turismo over Forza. And i actually find everything on GT better then F (Speaking : Graphics, Layout, Cars, Simulator etc.. )

Remmeber i own Gran turismo 5:prolouge, I only tried forza several times but i dont own it, and im a fanboy.

(If this was a thread like Halo vs MGS4, id be going like GTFO MGS OWNS. But hey! fanboys can be civil sometimes XD).

And GT5 will probably > all racing games. IMO!