By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (7/26)

Mario Party 8 (Wii) : over 100k

Hot Shot Golf 5 (PS3) : over 100k

# Probably both are expected about 120~130k and about 200~250k in first week.

# But considering the expriments since DS nad Wii, it is possible for MP8 to achieve 300k.

Elders Scroll IV: oblivion (360) : about 35k (prospected to break the first week record of 360)

Taikou Drum Master DS (DS) : about 50k

Mobile Suit Gundam: MS War Front 0079 (Wii) : about 30k

Metal Gear 20th Aniversary (PS/PS2/PSP) : about 15k

GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP) : about 20k

Wangan Midnight (PS3) : about 10k

Pachinko Paradise 14 (PS2) : about 10k

KOF Maximum impact (PS2) : about 10k

Dewy (Wii) : less than 1k

Guilty Gear XX A Core (Wii) : less than 1k  

Additional infos

It is seemed that HSG5 can't help the PS3 sales so well... The sales of bundled edition is weak.

One more remakable soft in this week. It's a Wonderful World (DS) released today.

Dewy was expected because Elebits was rating well. But... Konami fails to choice the release date... 

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi

Note:

Famitsu Charts and First Day info moves to News Section from next week.

Thanks to DKII and ioi!!

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

No hardware boost, not good news for Sony.

Elder Scrolls did good I see...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Still no idea of who won the battle of MP8 and HSG...
Interesting with elder scrolls, I didnt think that was a japanese friendly title?

Thanks, y-koron, as always!

Mario Party and hot shots Golf selling equal? That´s gonna be a nice week this time.

And as a lot of people said, Hot shots Golf sold mainly to the existing gamer base... the PS3 is just too expensive for casuals and then there is Wii Sports... that´s a tough competition. Let´s see what will happen. Maybe 20k? 30k? hardware sales?

Edit: I´ll have my money on Mario Party 8 - it´s for casual gamers, not just the core gamer so it should sell steady for the next weeks because casuals don´t buy there games on the first day every time - they can wait a while, not like us

Just what I thought... The PS3 gets HSG5 right after a long drought, so a lot of PS3 owners bought it... Which means good sales, but not much systems moved...

Around the Network

I think MP8 will be first this week, because the Nintendo games sell very well over the weekend, and because there are 3 times more Wii owners.

Arigato gosai mashita, y-koron for your Japanese info.

And... you're a mod!

Louie said:
Thanks, y-koron, as always!

Mario Party and hot shots Golf selling equal? That´s gonna be a nice week this time.

And as a lot of people said, Hot shots Golf sold mainly to the existing gamer base... the PS3 is just too expensive for casuals and then there is Wii Sports... that´s a tough competition. Let´s see what will happen. Maybe 20k? 30k? hardware sales?

yes, it is exactly close match. And many people think MP8 breaks away in week end.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

So is there expectation of any PS3 hardware boost or none at all for this week?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hmm... no hardware boost? Hard to believe. IIRC there was similar raport on sinobi while Gundam launched so I still count for at least 35k...