By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LAIR? Is the game really bad?

I bought lair post-patch, nice graphics, although i played for about 1hr and just found myself a bit bored.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

If you have the patience to learn the controls properly then its quite a good game. But if you dont then yeah its not great at all

Sorry, but... if your main gripe with Lair was the sixaxis... you didn't really put any effort into enjoying what the game did do right, IMO.  Lair was bad because of framerate, and it reviewed badly due to interface decisions.

The fact that you couldn't *choose* to use the sticks instead of the sixaxis, was the issue -- because yep, some people just don't "get" how the sixaxis works, and they will always whine about it. The sixaxis' learning curve (in almost any game) is above the tolerance of most gamers -- but if you're good with it, it really does work well.

The biggest real issues with the game were thus: (a) default, unchangable controls didn't appeal to the clumsy masses, and (b) the framerate was awful during what would have been the most entertaining portions of the game. The whining about the controls is akin to flightsim grognards whining about flightmodels -- everyone has a different opinion of how they "should" work, and they whine because they have trouble adapting. Factor 5 made a foolish decision to not allow stick controls from the get-go, for that reason. The sixaxis controls were for people who preferred it... not for everyone.

KBG29 said:
Lair is a lot better than the majority give it credit for. At the time the game came out the PS3 was getting bashed to a rediculous degree and game reviews were not very reflective of the games at the time. All the people that complain about the controls are really way out of line. It is like they are old people that refuse to play new games because they don't know the controls, so they refuse to play , and claim they are to complicated or broken.

IMO the game should have gotten between an 8 and an 8.5 when it launched.The graphics at the time were some of the best on any console. The sound track is better than any game I have ever played. I personally enjoyed the story, because it showed the society you live in is not always the most moral. It had a kind of an anti war message if you look deep into the story. Gameplay in this game is what you make of it. If you have been a "F*** the Mother F******, piece of S*** Sixaxis. How the F*** is the Son of a B**** that designed this. F*** you Sony. Stop F****** trying to copy Nintedno." kind of gamer then you will probably not like this game no matter what. But if you are interested in the game, indifferant on Sixaxis, and willing to give it a try, I am sure that you will understand the controls and mabye even find them enjoyable.

I totally agree with you.

Lair is one of the games that probably I will naver trade. The music is epic when I mean epic is because is like you are listenning a freaking star wars score. i didn't have any problems with the sixaxis control it was way to easy to control the dragon, I still don't understand why ppl still can't play this game before patch. The graphics are way but way better that some games (that I don't want to mention) that are right know in the market.

I really recommend to buy or atleast rent. But play it with the sixaxis mode it will involve you more.

Thanks guys but the honest truth I like the game. Its way better than gay ass HAZE....Now that game was/is terrible, and the worst thing they gave it a better rating than LAIR. Now that sucks!!!!

Around the Network

STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Please believe me, it sucks so badly i have seriously considered to burn this damn blu-ray several times, there are a lot of better games on ps3 but oh lord stay away from Lair.

Only reason i didn't touched it is because my cousin want it, he can have this crap for free.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"