By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft leaves Europe to Sony ?

Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
PS3 has outsold the 360 in the US quite a few months this year. You better believe MS will do all they can to maintain there lead here. Now at half the price and a "better" game lineup it's only outselling the PS3 by 20k units per week? And that's using VG chartz numbers.

Over the last months the 360 has recovered over a quarter million units and the worldwide gap is now sitting at 5.8M. Just sayin'.

Yeah but they are still dow by like a million for the year using NPD.

Sure, but the trend has been reversed. Which means there's no guarantee the ps3 will ever claim 2nd place. 5.8M units are a lot.

This holiday season will be the deciding factor. If PS3 outsells or breaks even with 360 then yup PS3 will win the HD console war for sure.

Not really. Last christmas the ps3 outsold the 360, yet here we are with a 10-week streak for the 360.

Right now, the ps3 won't claim 2nd place in 2008. Neither it will in 2009. The sooner it might happen is 2010 and as we've recently seen there are factors that can swing the pendulum thus furthering the timeframe of a takeover. At this point, the ps3 ending in 2nd place is still something that is not guaranteed to happen.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
PS3 has outsold the 360 in the US quite a few months this year. You better believe MS will do all they can to maintain there lead here. Now at half the price and a "better" game lineup it's only outselling the PS3 by 20k units per week? And that's using VG chartz numbers.

Over the last months the 360 has recovered over a quarter million units and the worldwide gap is now sitting at 5.8M. Just sayin'.

Yeah but they are still dow by like a million for the year using NPD.

Sure, but the trend has been reversed. Which means there's no guarantee the ps3 will ever claim 2nd place. 5.8M units are a lot.

This holiday season will be the deciding factor. If PS3 outsells or breaks even with 360 then yup PS3 will win the HD console war for sure.

Not really. Last christmas the ps3 outsold the 360, yet here we are with a 10-week streak for the 360.

Right now, the ps3 won't claim 2nd place in 2008. Neither it will in 2009. The sooner it might happen is 2010 and as we've recently seen there are factors that can swing the pendulum thus furthering the timeframe of a takeover. At this point, the ps3 ending in 2nd place is still something that is not guaranteed to happen.

I think it is.

There is a crap load of Xbox adverts here in the UK now... I haven't seen a PS advert since The Simpsons Game (which was advertised for PS2) and haven't seen a PS3 advert since GT5.

Wii adverts seem about the same as they were, there hasn't been any noticable increase for Christmas yet, but X360 I didn't see soo many until recently when I see them all the time.

Snarf Barf said:

I think it is.

Wishful thinking.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:

Snarf Barf said:

I think it is.

Wishful thinking.

RROD

Around the Network

Quite an interesting thread this. Here in the UK there is a lot of 360 presence. But I've read that across the channel, things are very different with Sony dominating the European heartland. Dunno why as up until now, the PS3 was clearly the inferior console with inferior third party ports and not as many good games. Of course this is still the case if current Metacritic scores are to go by though now the PS3 may start to catch up and overtake.

Thing is though the last 2 Playstation consoles had ok to rubbish launch titles but a year or so later and things really started to pick as did the sales. Won't be surprised at all if the PS3 started to overtake the 360 in worldwide sales in 2009. Than again I won't be surprised if it doesn't. Gotta give Microsoft credit for giving Sony a hard time. After all both the last two Playstations sold over 100m units each and that is a tough market to break into in your ultimate aim is first place.

Funny there is little mention of the Wii.

Snarf Barf said:

RROD

Ah, I foresee a list war looming in the near future.

Inferior multiplatforms for double the price.

its not MS leaving Europe to SOny.

MS wants tlo take it from Sony. Its SOny that is giving up Europe to Nintendo and MS.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Hey guys,

I just saw a couple of (trendy-imaginative) ads for the 360 on the first french television (TF1).

They are talking about renting movies on it ("Visionnez vos films sur votre XBOX 360 tadaaa ") !!

There is still hope for Netflix in EUROPE !!

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Advertising on TV by MS for X360 is pretty good here in Sweden, rufly the same as Sony.

Also I fink MS is doing a great job with price drops. Average price of rufly €250 for a X360 compared to €450 for a PS3 speaks volumes about MS' ambitions for Europe.