By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And she was almost our VP ...

Rubang, you shouldn't knock Palin for grabbing publicity when you're a staunch supporter of a man who hit the Oprah circuit one year into his first term as junior senator.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Oh I'm not knocking her for grabbing publicity. I'm her biggest fan. I just think what she said was awesome, and I'm glad she changed her mind so quickly.

Hahah, fair enough. The lady is entertaining, I'll give her that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Right after the election, Palin said she just wanted to go back to Alaska and be governor and couldn't imagine running for president in 2012 and she couldn't imagine running for Ted Stevens's Senate seat. But a few days go by and suddenly she's saying that she believes G-d will show her the door to the White House in 4 years? Looks like she wants to stay on the front page of my Google News, no matter the cost. I need a 4 year supply of popcorn.

Bwahahahahaha, I can't believe she actually said that.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Right after the election, Palin said she just wanted to go back to Alaska and be governor and couldn't imagine running for president in 2012 and she couldn't imagine running for Ted Stevens's Senate seat. But a few days go by and suddenly she's saying that she believes G-d will show her the door to the White House in 4 years? Looks like she wants to stay on the front page of my Google News, no matter the cost. I need a 4 year supply of popcorn.

Bwahahahahaha, I can't believe she actually said that.

I dunno, Akuma. If it's MSM, they could be spinning it.

Around the Network

^^ It is being twisted, intentionally or not, and folks repeat it without checking it.

Her actual quotes:

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door."

"If there is an open door in 2012 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plough through that door,"

Bit of a difference between believing god will do something for you, and praying that god will guide you to what is best. One of them is creepy and the other is just being hopeful/optimistic and is something millions of people do in this country every day.

But then we look at the headlines and its no wonder people think this:

-"Palin: 'God' will show me the way"
-"Palin: God will show me the way"
-"Sarah Palin: God will show me a door to the White House in 2012"
-"God will 'show me the way' to the White House, Palin prays"
-"Palin: God will show me White House door"
-"Palin: 'God' will show me the way to White House "

Those are just the articles from the first page of a google web search on "palin god show", the phrase "god will show me" makes an entrance in every article despite her never uttering the words. 

So tell me, am I just imagining this?

edit:  If anyone is interested the quotes in question start at 5:45 in the 3rd video:

To Each Man, Responsibility

Edited out, because I offended someone.  I thought this was a joke thread, I'm sorry.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

-edited in courtesy to Steven-

To Each Man, Responsibility

It was simply to mock her. The thread's title is: "And she was almost our VP ..." the OP is a news story about her not knowing that Africa is a continent.

I'm mocking her folksiness... which I've learned is a euphemism for ignorant and annoying.

Edit: Thought this was a joke thread.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

It just seems the media is out to discredit her. She didn't just rush to give them interviews, and when she didn't do the interviews perfectly, I noticed a flood of stories making her look bad.

All because she didn't spend years learning the art of telling people what they want to hear.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs