By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Imagine PS3 sales when it hits $200-250 range

thejuicingamer said:

PS3 has sold extremely well for its super high price tag compared to its competiton, I can't even imagine how insane the numbers will be when the price gets even lower.

Do you mean lower than 400? Or do you mean lower than the Wii? Maybe you'r talking about the 360....

Maybe you want to say, imagine Wii sales when NINTENDO drops the price!

PS3 will always be the most expensive console in the market.

Around the Network

I heard the Imagine line of games for DS sold like hot cake, hope that helps :)

irstupid said:
You would think that the PS3 would have the most "imagine" games.

Cause you PS3 fans really love to imagine.

Yep you'r right, PS3 is all about imagination....

"POWER"

"GAMES"

"ONLINE"

"SALES"

They keep dreaming and talking about the future.... In 20XX bla bla bla, in 2XXX bla bla bla.....

They should and could just buy a 360 and enjoy all that in 2008! Ahhhhh.... By the way, tomorrow it's GEARS OF WAR 2 day!!!! Not in 200X, 20XX or 2XXX..... It's TOMORROW! :D

Yep, the 360 delivers, that's right folks! :)

IMAGINE by John Lennon should be PS3 lead song for advertisements.

It will be very interesting to see what happens. Based on logic and statistics the PS3 should see a large sales increase. Not only will the price be lower, but the games that have made the PS what it is will all be out. As Japan showed this week things are not always as they seem. Even though hardware did sell well, LBP sold poorly when you look at the demographic it was released to and the style they normaly like.

So mabye the non PS3 fans are right and next year with a price cut the PS3 is going to sell even less. Then in 2010 when I expect it to hit 250 at the lowest, it will sell even less than 2009. Perhaps every game on the PS3 is pointless to the rest of the world, and those who have it righ nw are the last of the people that actually like PS. In this case it should end 2010 at around 33 - 35 Million.

I would like to believe that people will find value in the PS3 as the price comes down. Home will become massive, and it is just a matter of whether people accept it. Then there is the usual list of PS3 exclusives that will be out by the end of 2010 that shows a lot of promise. PS3 also has an unbelievible amount of space to grow in the firmware department (of cousre so does 360). If things go the logical way I would expect to see PS3 at around 50 - 55 Million by the end of 2010.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

We all know it will sell great but i think we should wait to talk about untill it hits that price.

i can honestly see 500k when it's that low

thejuicingamer said:

PS3 has sold extremely well for its super high price tag compared to its competiton, I can't even imagine how insane the numbers will be when the price gets even lower.

Yes you can.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

Hey juicingamer it looks like the truth did hurt in your other thread thats now locked.

and it looks like from these post its hurting again, keep up the good work. some people on here really hate sony, i guess the ass beating 10 years in a row has them upset still.

oh and be carefull not to make to much sense, its not allowed here.

thejuicingamer said:

Image what would be the sales of a Ferrari if it was the price of a Ford !!

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.