By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Imagine PS3 sales when it hits $200-250 range

What is this... all PS3 owners use crappy adjustments to rock songs in the form of a Christian song to hypothetically amuse themselves of future success. "I can only imagine, when that day comes." Seriously guys that's just silly.

I don't know what sales will be like then but they will obviously be better... at least you would think.

Around the Network

it's seriously too late for PS3 or 360 to actually win this generation or sell gazillions with a price cut. They will sell initially, but all the mass market gamer that bought PS2 in millions migrated to the Wii. They won't buy a second console even though it's cheap. On the other hand, PS3 games are way too hardcore for the non-hardcore group. Where are the massive ddr games, eye toy games, singstar (well, it's there, but doesn't sell) games, exclusive guitar games, etc. on the PS3? Well, sony forgot what made ps2 successful. The arrogance and trying to win two format wars (video and games) essential killed their best business (which used to be videogames)

Slimebeast said:
In 2008 PS3 sells rufly 10.5 mill @ $400 (total 19.5 mill)
In 2009 PS3 sells rufly 12 mill @ $300
In 2010 PS3 sells rufly 13 mill @ $250
In 2011 PS3 sells rufly 12.5 mill @ $200
In 2012 PS3 sells rufly 8.5 mill @ $175
---------------------
= 65.5 mill PS3s by end of 2012 which is the lunch year of PS4

X360 by end of 2012 will have sold rufly 50 million units.

Those are some serious predictions...

haxxiy - I personally think that the PS3's sales will see a much bigger increase at $200-250 than what we witnessed with the 360. Honestly, I still can't explain how little 360 sales have improved.

misterd said:

Moreover, there is a very good chance that the NextBox and Ninteno Yoo will be prepping for launch, so no one's going to much care how a last gen system is doing.

<begin fanboy>

Blah blah blah ten year plan yadda yadda yadda the untapped power of Cell.

</end fanboy>

stonj said:
Imagine wii sales at $120 or £100

Imagine Wii sales at $250 if Ninty could actually sate demand.

Around the Network

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

IF........ your aunt had bollocks she would be your uncle.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Dryden said:
stonj said:
Imagine wii sales at $120 or £100

Imagine Wii sales at $250 if Ninty could actually sate demand.

That would already be good. Honestly it is hard to get a Wii at $250 without having to wait some time.

@perpride -

yeah probably would be bigger, but my point is that price cuts isn't really that effective. GameCube went to $99 only two years after launch and nothing happened at all.

Why imagine.

last price cut caused a huge effect, any one with some brains knows PS3 sales will sky rocket when it drops to 200ish, using 360 crappy sales to some how show how PS3 will do is ignorant as hell since 360 right now is proving its a failure by failing to kick PS3 ass while being half its price.

Sony has 3 great options when to drop the price.

Drop it before the launch of either game

Killzone2
God of War 3
or Gran Turismo 5

If they want to kill the 360 drop the price before K2 launches ( iam leaning towards then doing this) unless GOW3 comes in march 09, before GT5 might be a bit late.

You would think that the PS3 would have the most "imagine" games.

Cause you PS3 fans really love to imagine.