By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think BK3 or LBP are better than Galaxy?

You might think I'm going to enter into a argument/rant/whine here for the next 3 paragraphs. But I'm not. I'm just going to restate the title more fully.

In your opinion, does either Microsoft's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or Sony's LittleBigPlanet challenge Super Mario Galaxy for the position of the best platforming game of this generation?

EDIT: Apologies for choosing the wrong forum; I meant to put this in Gaming Discussion. I have reported my topic with a request to move it.

Around the Network

They all have different intents in their platforming, don't they?

I don't know about BK3 (I've never played any of them) but SMG is easily better than LBP.

-edit-

And just to elaborate:

Super Mario Galaxy is pure brilliance in every aspect of the game.  It would be hard to find a more perfect game since just about everything it does it does perfectly.

Little Big Planet is a good platformer with a good editor and that's about it.

Khuutra said:
They all have different intents in their platforming, don't they?

They Microsoft and Sony's newest and best efforts at platforming. Both have been discussed as possible SMG competitors. Do they live up to that?

You could at least wait 'till all three are out before starting the argument.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

I've only played SMG and LBP for a few hours each, but I definitely thought LBP was the better game.

As for the better platformer, I think SMG takes that title.

SMG is far from the best platformer this gen, LBP and Bk3 play much better and there controls are 100x better then SMG. But BK3 has unreadable text and it scrolls way too fast.

LBP is totally different then SMG. It's also much better. By the way how many of the moderaters here are anti Sony if you had to guess?

what the hell are u smoking. those game will not even come close to smg

lapsed_gamer said:
You could at least wait 'till all three are out before starting the argument.

There's a demo, and reviews. People also can compare the reviews to the original games as a reference. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it should at least be possibel to decide whether it is better than SMG or not in terms of platforming.