By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To those who took offense to what I said in the PS3 selling 4.48 million...

jjseth said:
All I ask for, is if anyone has bad things to say about any console, is to think twice and if it's going to tick off someone just don't say it. It just gets old quickly, especially the PS3 bashing that does happen too often. I have a feeling that it's a hot button that can send a normally low key and relaxed person to the point of going off on another.

DAG MAN!!!! are we connected or something...I feel the exact same way..I can be calm but all of a sudden...someone starts to bash a particatular system...i just go off or I ignore the thread all together and tell the mod to lock the thread or something...its immature and fans should stay in their rightful areas..

I understand that a Wii owner can feel proud because their system is catching up in sales..but that doesnt mean that you should bash the PS3..i love the PS3 its just the price is whats holding me back from it and the fact that developers seem to make games multiplatform nowadays..so thats somehow elimnating my purchase for the system...I remember someone bash the PSP as a failure...the PSP isnt a failure...if it was then why is Sony still making the system..thats letting everyone know that Sony really cares for that market and wants a piece of it..I could understand that if Sony shipped a considerable amount of units and they dont sell thats when I'm like WTF!!! but again sorry for getting off topic...but thats how I feel about those consoles...just to add why everyone is bashing it...Price, Games, and the fact that everyone knows Sony is losing money on it..makes people have the gift for the gab about the PS3..

Around the Network

wow... you have an amazing selection of cat pics...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

In every generation the console that has sold the least gets bashed the most. Last gen it was the gc, currently its the ps3 (although that may change). Its lamentable but that's how it works. Part of that bashing comes from pure fanboyism of other systems. But a fair chunk of it comes from consumers who don't want to spend the money, or can't afford to, to buy all 3 systems and get access to all the games they want. If the ps3 sales tank, it will lose a lot of its exclusive 3rd party titles to other systems, and consumers can buy the titles on other systems. For instance, i was really hoping that MGS4 would come to x360 because I don't want to plunk down $499.

Well Silversen, we can hope that the PS3 does reduce its' price come this holiday season as microsoft has hinted at in their recent statement, then it will allow others the chance to buy into another system to satisfy their gaming needs and wants. Honestly, up until the live demo they showed this past week, I didn't even consider MGS4 a game that I would even rent, much less buy. But after seeing that video, I am completely sold on reserving a copy once it gets closer to release. I know what you mean when you mention how many games are multiplatform, and that will continue to happen for many of the 3rd parties so they can maximize sales across the board. However, I feel that in a way it takes away from the greatness a game can have if they focus on it for one system, instead of 2 or 3. Look at the debacle with NCAA 08. Not only did they release a poor slower framerate version for the PS3, but the 360 version is chock full of bugs. I know in games like that, there won't be any "exclusive" for any one gaming system due to the nature of the game. However a game like GTA4, may be lacking and not stand up to the past hits they had when they were exclusive to the PS2. (Well a timed exclusive, but it sure was a great game!) We'll find out on that later this year though if it feels like it's not quite polished.

Anyways, it's just something of a frustration when I read about one the products I own is ridiculed by some and few seem to stand up and say "Hey, wait a minute" only to have someone drive home the point that the PS3 is behind in the sales war so far. Believe me, I know that. But there are many who are outright proclaiming the demise of Sony in gaming, and that is not a good thing. All 3 can survive and bring something different to the table and be successful.

Well I should end this, as this is my first post here from my PS3 as I'm typing all of this out. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I really think it did sell 4.48 million I found another link which makes alot more sense than the first one

http://play.tm/story/12089

mM
Around the Network

Thats ok Leo, that's a link I had posted, but this thread is not about those numbers. It's about how things denigrated in that thread that led to many being upset and agitated.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

leo-j said:
I really think it did sell 4.48 million I found another link which makes alot more sense than the first one

http://play.tm/story/12089

...uhoh... *braces self*

And this thread was just getting so warm and fuzzy.

Let's all pretend this was not said and keep the love coming.

I love you guys!

Group hug!

Honestly I don't know how you could even argue that these weren't sell thru numbers considering they clearly state "(prior to Q1 2007 Sony only quoted units shipped not sold)" with these being end of Q1 which means after the prior. Also considering the fact that in April Sony announced that they had shipped 5.5mil PS3's.

This thread is mean to be warm and fuzzy! It shall stay that way or Segata Sanshiro will come for you!