By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert 3 back on track for P3

Spankey said:
Kantor said:
RTS has never worked on consoles and I don't see any reason for it to start working now. Having said that, even the PC version probably pales in comparison to the excellence that was the original.

Well Civ revoultion was kind of a rts and I liked that

Civilization Revolution was a turn based strategy, something entirely different, which can work just as well on consoles as on PC.

Real time means just that- you give orders in real time. There are no 'turns' where the enemy cannot do anything and the limited maneuverability of console RTS games mean that they rarely work (see EndWar)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Spankey said:
Kantor said:
RTS has never worked on consoles and I don't see any reason for it to start working now. Having said that, even the PC version probably pales in comparison to the excellence that was the original.

Well Civ revoultion was kind of a rts and I liked that

Civilization Revolution was a turn based strategy, something entirely different, which can work just as well on consoles as on PC.

Real time means just that- you give orders in real time. There are no 'turns' where the enemy cannot do anything and the limited maneuverability of console RTS games mean that they rarely work (see EndWar)

Oshi- *self-facepalm*

Yup you're right.

Spankey wonders what the hell was in those Rusty Nails he was drinking last night.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I just want to watch the acting and famous actors saying lines that even they know must be bad but all in the name of a big joke, don't care about the actual game.

Ah, Gemma Atkinson...

Only RTS I ever played to an extent was the Star Wars one from many years back. I never get into them as the 'missions' side of things put me off, i only ever play single maps.

Hmm, pie.

Hey Guys,

I'm re-activating the thread by saying that RA3 ... sucks....

I'm a C&C fan from the beginning and even before (with DUNE 2 on my PC, installed from floppy disk), but RA3....

I installed the demo, played it... forced me to play it.. .and deleted it by thinking : "Waaaouww I was really so bored".

Same  old sh*t over and over again ... it is out of my wish-list. No matter it comes on the PS3....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

So the PS3 version is in 1080p? Thats interesting..

mM
Around the Network

Don't care about the graphics, give me KB&M and decent online stability.

I could play this on my PC, but don't feel like buying it. I'd rent it if they can confirm KB&M.

bbsin said:

Don't care about the graphics, give me KB&M and decent online stability.

I could play this on my PC, but don't feel like buying it. I'd rent it if they can confirm KB&M.

It is not about the graphics, the gameplay is rotten... not strategic depth, no battleground feelings...

It is dinky-toy skirmishs... pouah ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

a pity. i mean whos gonna buy it when it releases......the 360 version is selling poorly as it is, imagaine how the PS3 will do in a non-holiday season.