By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time approaching its 10 year anniversary!

I didn't know this game was popular!

Around the Network
tabsina said:
I didn't know this game was popular!

wat

You over-think everything, trestres.

I remember how hard that game was. My whole family played it toghether and we used over 100 hours in total I believe, on 1 playthrough.

I'll never have a gaming experience quite like it again (which is kinda odd, the most fun I had with a video game was when I was 5...)

I don't think Nintendo will do anything though. And I'm not sure I'd like them to do anything big like announce a game. If they do that, I'd rather have them do it at a conference so they can show things and stuff.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

ocarina of time wiimake ;oo

one can only dream..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Ohhhh how bout announce a Re-Make of The Wind Waker for Wii only actually finish it this time :P

It's my favourite Zelda title but it could have been so much more...

Edit: This is taken from another thread..

In fact this is what I'd want in a console Wind Waker sequel or prequel

- More emphasis on the sea being dangerous (perhaps gameplay would require you to rid the sea of an evil of some kind? Kinda like the Twilight realm but without totally different worlds)

- More emphasis on the Pirate ships and the Ghost Ship (imagine intense ship battles with ghost ships throughout the game, maybe having to explore different ghost ships of varying sizes)

- More emphasis on Day/Nite (Ghost ships only appearing at nite, as with WW, the sea and perhaps islands morphing to something else at nite, frozen islands and inhabitants at nite? having to unfreeze the islands before being able to explore the island properly due to things being guarded etc during the day)

- Having more of an island community feel with a group of much closer islands in the starting area of the game but still having the islands in far reaches of the map. Also having one major island that fills up an entire block of the map would make getting to these far out reaches more worthwhile to the player

- also with the island community I'd like to see NPC's that are moving between the islands and know people from the other islands as you expect them to.. I wanna see festivals and other interactions between the islands.. i wanna see wanted posters for the pirates that link associates himself with.. I want to see a major event rock the entire island community such as the freezing and unfreezing of islands and the impact these events have, maybe a death? or capture of one of the pirates? Perhaps link in the later part of the game must traverse the islands at nite in the form of a ninja because he saves one of these pirates and has a wanted [poster himself..

- I want to see the emotional struggle of the chracters and where the story takes them.. how the world is always changing

- This creates atmosphere and a sense of attachment.. For people that have read the harry potter books, when harry is ridiculed and nobody believes him about things, u feel helpless with him and feel what he is feeling.. isolated and annoyed or angry..

- above all that, i wanna see major dungeons, dungeons like no other zelda before it and drawing on the knowledge gained from the story..

I would like to add that a multiplayer game could be pretty kool too..

Multiplayer

·         Fierce Deity Duel – Become the hero or team of heroes as you challenge a team of up to 11 other players to see who the true hero is.

-          Includes weapons such as the iconic Master Sword, Bow and arrow for arrows with power (fire arrows may set a building alight while others are duking it out inside), Crossbow for powerful automatic firing, Boomerang for stealing other players weapons and magic and to knock them off their feet for the final blow, bombs, explosives and much more!

·         Team Triforce – Get the Triforce pieces together before the other team!

-          In this mode, one team begins with the Triforce of Courage while the other team begin with the Triforce of Wisdom. Capture the other team’s piece of the mystical relic and hunt for the final piece, the Triforce of Power!

So you know u'd have the bow and arrow that would have the advantage of magic and then the crossbow having quick fire, or of course you could have a nice sword duel with wii motionplus and maybe stealing stuff from people with the boomerang..

Just an extra of course but I thought that would be pretty kool..

i loved ocarina of time, but its my 2nd favorite zelda. twilight princess is takes the top spot. i hope they announce a sequel to twilight princess or takes zelda in a bigger,more mature and longer game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I think that Twilight Princess had a perfect length.. Took me 40 hours on my first play through and that was without all the little extras..

But Idk.. it was lacking something.. Something that the Wind Waker did have.. But even then I don't think the Wind Waker was what it could have been either..

For me, I was disappointed at the emptyness of hyrule.. Castle town could have been bigger and I didn't enjoy the top-down view of castle town, I think the Wii can handle a 3rd person view..

With Wind Waker it was OK that there were vast amounts of space with no NPC's because it was the ocean.. Even then, the seas were never empty, there were always treasures to find and sea creatures to fight off and a random island here or there to explore..

And when you did get to some of the more major islands, there were a lot of things to see and do and because it was a small area, you felt compelled to search every inch of every island..

I know if anybody can bring the best of Gameplay it's Miyamoto, We'll have to leave the story up to Eiji Anouma and his team

5 days left, anyone thinks Nintendo is gonna remember about it?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I need to start playing it again....

Former something....