By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Vgchartz Financial Section: Data on Quarterly, Half Year and Annual Sales

ioi and I were discussing the quarterly results of Sony when a proposal came up...

How about a Vgchartz financial section?

We could have quarterly data for the big three on sales shipments, profit/losses, with commentary and what to look forward to from both a gamer and an investor perspective.

Additionally, Vgchartz could analyze 3rd party sales and quarterly/half year/annual sales as they arrive.

My questions are...

Are you interested in such a section?

Who would you like to run it?

My proposal is that some combination of ioi, myself, DKII, FishyJoe, Ravenshadow, Ckmlb, Mrstickball and Shams would run the section. 

Thoughts?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

sounds kool you guys should do it

Yes, please. Or at least update the world shipments page to quarterly data, if it's not too much trouble. Even if you can't find enough historical data, you could do it for current generation consoles.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

A section with the financial reports (with commentaries) of the companies would be a really neat addition. It'd alos be a nice way to keep track of units shipped, as opposed to units sold like most of the other numbers here are.

As for who to run it, I'm sure you and ioi can come up with good ideas of who around here has the knowledge and analytical ability to take care of something like that. I can't give you any advice there, heh.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

RolStoppable said:
Good idea. FishyJoe has to be involved, he is posting most of the financial reports on the forum anyway.

I agree with Rol .

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

I think it's a very good idea, I'm always looking for that info. Can you include market capitalization too?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I think that it would be a good idea to include stock prices not only for the major consoles but also of the developers that are public. Of course, we probably wouldn't have a lot of updates for the financial results other than the stock prices, which we could look at and change daily or whatever.

I could probably do well on this. I was a finance major when in college...work at an insurnace company now and do back office work.

Yeah Dallas you definitely seem qualified.  I think 3-5 people could handle it.

Maybe one expert for each of the big three, and 1-2 guys handling 3rd parties (one person handling say Western 3rd parties and one person handing Japanese 3rd parties).

I'm a history major so my understanding of this stuff is mainly through a legal/political science lens.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

That would be great. You would start to attract a lot more business types to the site, rather than pure gamers. Its also a service none of the games sites provides (although sites like gamesindustry.biz does - partially).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Sounds cool! I'll definitely help!

I have a lot of ideas, not sure if all are possible. It would be nice to have a place to aggregate things like financial reports and other data.