By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword is up ! !

grandmaster192 said:
The combat in this game is harder then Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Really, this game is gonna be hard! Can you imagine what the bad guys are going to be like when you get further in the game?

Ok, this I disagree with. You clearly have forgotten how hard NG is lol... I mean the second freakin' boss in that game is worse than most final bosses in games

The reason for releasing an old demo is clear. They are making the actual game, they don't have the time to make a separate demo without having to delay work on the main game and they were confidant enough to release an old GDC demo to the public.

Alot of people are already impressed by this months old demo albeit saying it is short.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Ok, this I disagree with. You clearly have forgotten how hard NG is lol... I mean the second freakin' boss in that game is worse than most final bosses in games

We're talking about normal mode, right? If so, the combat in HS is alot harder then the combat in Ninga Gaiden. First off, in Ninga Gaiden you're able to block on command, which makes defending yourself alot easier. You're also able to jump and perform airborn attacks. This give you the ability to distance yourself from the badguys, plus projectile weapons also help. In Heavenly Sword, the combat system has endless depth. It's extreemly hard to master, and the lack of blocking by yourself makes defending yourself alot harder. This game is harder combat wise then Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Oh, and I still havn't finished NGS yet. I'm on chapter 12. The hardest Boss fight was Alma! She was invincible!!!!

grandmaster192 said:
ckmlb said:

We're talking about normal mode, right? If so, the combat in HS is alot harder then the combat in Ninga Gaiden. First off, in Ninga Gaiden you're able to block on command, which makes defending yourself alot easier. You're also able to jump and perform airborn attacks. This give you the ability to distance yourself from the badguys, plus projectile weapons also help. In Heavenly Sword, the combat system has endless depth. It's extreemly hard to master, and the lack of blocking by yourself makes defending yourself alot harder. This game is harder combat wise then Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Oh, and I still havn't finished NGS yet. I'm on chapter 12. The hardest Boss fight was Alma! She was invincible!!!!

I won't argue too much with you until the full game is out, but so far I'd say Ninja Gaiden is harder. 

Huzzah, I did get to play it, and since my opinions clearly are better than even Maddox's, I shall share them with you and you will bask in their warming glowing warming glow.

Minor Annoyances: The female Gollum charecter is Krusty the Klown's daughter with FAS and Down's Syndrome. Plus is a Gollum type charecter. Demo was easy. With 8 charecters on the screen attacking me multiple times, and getting hit a total of 8 times total from the 2 combat situations, the demo was designed to let anyone beat it. Because blocking is so very easy.... you just don't hit any other buttons. Difficult! Also, as VG cats says, the Future is Brown.

Major Annoyances: Demo was far too short for 1gb (60 gigs? You don't need 60 stinking gigs! We can put about 50 2 minute game demos on 60 gigs and still have room for games to store!).

Minor Cools: Destructable/usable environments, the button mash mini game seemed to combine a scene from final fantasy with the mini games in the Die Hard arcade game, rather than button puzzles in combat, so outcome isn't a fatal strike with enemies standing around watching, but an environment change or damage reduction, or avoided encounter. Of course, that may change, and they really only showed one.

Major Cools: Having 10 corpses on the ground and flinging them at enemies is kinda fun. Or, alternately, throwing them off the platform (As I did that, the Camera panned out, giving it an awesome visual). New combat system is very fluid, with stances swappable even within combat and hits to perform new combo strikes.

Graphics: Not 4d, yes 3d. Older build, so not perfect, but more than pretty enough, though the charecter models seemed Ps2 era grade, backgrounds certainly didn't. Don't sell me on a system with graphics, I remember going from a commodore 64 to a NES, then that to SNES.

Overall: 9/10. The minor and major annoyances were primarily based on the demo itself, and the combat system is quite fun. Whether the game will expand on it later on is presumed, and required, but honestly, it was fun, you wanted to play more when it abruptly ended, if the game can keep up that pace and have a few gameplay surprises and changes so you don't just spam the same combo against hordes of enemies, it will be a great game. If it stays this way through the entire game, it'll still be very good though.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Downloading it now. Damn I wish my parents hadn't changed to that free talktalk broadband, it's like 4x slower than our Tiscali connection =(

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Listening to the 1UP Yours podcast and apparently even the first 2 levels have varied combat and some surprising elements that they can't talk about yet (he's a review editor). He says the frame drops and scene tearing (something that didn't bother me anyway) in the demo is fixed in the full game and although there are a minor problems it looks even better than the demo.

Pretty exciting.

ckmlb said:
grandmaster192 said:
The combat in this game is harder then Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Really, this game is gonna be hard! Can you imagine what the bad guys are going to be like when you get further in the game?

The reason for releasing an old demo is clear. They are making the actual game, they don't have the time to make a separate demo without having to delay work on the main game and they were confidant enough to release an old GDC demo to the public.

Alot of people are already impressed by this months old demo albeit saying it is short.

I read that they used a different dev group just for the demo, but even with the tiny length, I thought it was great

add me

Awesome Heavenly Sword cut scene. It is almost as long as the demo itself .

http://www.destructoid.com/heavenly-sword-presents-pounding-on-limeys-and-the-best-cutscene-ever--36856.phtml

Saiyar said:

Awesome Heavenly Sword cut scene. It is almost as long as the demo itself .

http://www.destructoid.com/heavenly-sword-presents-pounding-on-limeys-and-the-best-cutscene-ever--36856.phtml

Perfect. I want this game badly ! ! 

That is amazing, the graphics are even better than gears of war, the gameplay is magneficant, and it looks like the story line is extreeme as well. Hopefully we get a 10/10 game.

mM