By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword is up ! !

It took a while to figure out the controls. Especially the cutscenes look fantastic and it's great to see support for many different languages. The demo is too short to properly judge the gameplay, there's good potential there but IMO not yet on par with the God of War games as far as I can judge, at least for me. The fighting seems a lot more tactical and harder to get into than is the case with the God of War games, which is either good or bad depending on your personal preferences.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

To people that have played the demo

THE BIG QUESTION about HeavenlySword :

SYSTEM SELLER ? OR NOT ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:

SYSTEM SELLER ? OR NOT ?

Let me tell you, that demo was from a year ago accordin to the developer whcih I couldnt believe since it looked so good, he said the graphICs are better the gameplay is smoother the gliches are gone(if any) also the controls have been TWEAKED TO FEEL MORE REALISTIC. And the biggest thing of all IT HAS TOUCH SENSE!! THE OPTION IS THERE (touch sense is the new rumble).

It is easily to me a system seller.

mM
libellule said:

SYSTEM SELLER ? OR NOT ?

Well IMO yes it will sell systems. Just seeing the game is one of the reasons I have a PS3...in addition of Resistance looking so good and being a launch game. I don't know how many Systems it will sell though as of right now I am not sure what people are looking at as far as system selling games (the Wii for instance only has Zelda as a system seller to me and look at it's sales.) The PS3 will need a few Solid titles bty christmas to sell systems just to justify the price to some people but Heavenly Sword is Definitly one of those top titles. I could easily see this game getting a few perfect scores from Game critics.

I do not pretend to know what people want but for me I want a Beautiful game with a Great story and Good controls. This game looks like it will take you on a journey and thats what I want from a game. It used to be what everyone wanted or so it seemed. Then I look and see a game like Wii Sports toping a game like Zelda in Japan and I am real confused on what type of game actually sells systems.

In the end I do Not care if this game sells systems. I just want it to be as good as it can be if the masses want to play Mini Games on thier Home console then this game will not sell them.

libellule said:

SYSTEM SELLER ? OR NOT ?

Action fans and those waiting for God of War to buy a PS3 will now have a very good reason to get the console.

Around the Network

Wow, I played the hell out of this demo last night. (about 3 hours)

How much damage did you take mashing buttons shams? How many counter attacks, how many swords did you IMPALE people with?

Yeah, I havent seen this listed in here yet, but you can IMPALE people with swords, and it STAYS IN THEM. Yeah, That's kickass.

Heavenly sword was on my 'questionable' list. Now I will be buying it for sure.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

touch sense - thats really prosaic, I hope thats just a working title.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I don't see the sense in releasing a demo of the old version personally, it doesn't make sense to promote the game with something that is buggers and just 'okay' only the hardcore fans are going to know what version of the game its running, the general consumer will just see it and think thats what the game will be like, and will never notice the difference in the future.

Weird.

I haven't played it yet, so I can't say whether or not I think it will be a system seller... but it's interesting to see the people who already own the system to say it is a system seller for them.

OriGin said:
I don't see the sense in releasing a demo of the old version personally, it doesn't make sense to promote the game with something that is buggers and just 'okay' only the hardcore fans are going to know what version of the game its running, the general consumer will just see it and think thats what the game will be like, and will never notice the difference in the future.

Weird.

I haven't played it yet, so I can't say whether or not I think it will be a system seller... but it's interesting to see the people who already own the system to say it is a system seller for them.

Although the demo is from GDC and not representative of what the full game is like, it's still fun and looks great.  I think just from the look of the game alone the game will sell.  It's easily the best game I've seen running, even at  this early build.  

The facial motion is impressive as advertized, with that guy that played Gollum in charge of it all and acting as the lead bad guy (seen if you don't hit a button at title screne in that awesome trailer as mentioned by others).

I think the only problem with the demo is that it isn't as smooth as God of War in that first sequence.  You have to get the controls down before you stop getting hit.  You can easily look at the menu for the controls, however.

Anyway, I haven't bought a game yet (besides PSN) so this isn't a purchase for me but I have Gamefly so I'll definitely be playing this game.  It's got a great cinematic feel and deep controls. 

The combat in this game is harder then Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Really, this game is gonna be hard! Can you imagine what the bad guys are going to be like when you get further in the game?