By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Japan Monthly Sales: October 2008

trestres said:
-.- My intentions were to show that there's only 1 current gen game there. Of course I saw Wii Music, but besides that there's nothing else going on. Japanese console gaming is nearly dead. PS2 is doing surprisingly good though.

I knew what you meant.  Some people just love to be unhappy.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JaggedSac said:
RolStoppable said:
trestres said:
The lack of PS3, 360 and Wii games in the top 10 is alarming.

Do you even bother to read charts or have you made up your mind on what you post already before you enter a thread?

You're one of the most rude members on this forum.  There was only 1 Wii game on the charts and no PS3 or 360 games.  What was wrong with what he said?

Good point. Also, after further examination of the charts, even the one Wii game seems suspicious. I mean, we are talking about Wii Music here which can hardly be called a game

Wow, that sure did make you look foolish. Did YOU even read the OP before you reply to others posts...or do you already have your ignorant replies ready?

Rofl anyhow Trestres was right...

Pokemon Platinum still in top =)

So where is WiiFit? It sold 64k acording to vgchartz in given period. I don't think it's much different in Famitsu.

Around the Network
trestres said:
-.- My intentions were to show that there's only 1 current gen game there. Of course I saw Wii Music, but besides that there's nothing else going on. Japanese console gaming is nearly dead. PS2 is doing surprisingly good though.

The problem is that the developers are trying to get a quick profit now rather than setting themselves up for the future.... If all these odd titles they keep releasing were put on the Wii or PS3 they might not get so much money now (higher dev costs [albeit slightly for Wii] and fewer sales) but if the game is at least adequate it would set them up well to profit more from future games.

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1226139442/291

2008 Software 500k Sellers (~10/26, 9 Weeks Remain)

01 PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G 2,439,390+a
02 Wii Wii Fit 1,848,148
03 DS Pokemon Platinum 1,793,361
04 Wii Mario Kart Wii 1,789,250
05 Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1,712,386+a
06 DS Dragon Quest V 1,158,577+a
07 DS Rhythm Tengoku Gold 967,831
08 Wii Wii Sports 697,410
09 PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 662,542+a
10 PSP Phantasy Star Portable 618,837+a

Woo PS3

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

kamil said:
So where is WiiFit? It sold 64k acording to vgchartz in given period. I don't think it's much different in Famitsu.

Well the 10th game has 63k, so Wii Fit is probably 11th.

wow, the ps2 got more top 10 software than the wii.

ps2 should be considered in the 7th generation sell it outsell both ps3 and the 360 in japan xD