By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto's Mistake and what it'll cost the Wii

Yea, I too am suprised that Wii Fit sold as much as it did without me buying a copy or two. Games just don't seem to sell unless I buy them.

^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Wii Music won't fail commercially. It's not like MGS4, or Gears. It is heavily reliant on legs, and it's an ever-green title.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ noname & bardiverse - You both make valid points re: Sony/MS in this generation. You are probably right. Sony in particular with it's high price point is terribly posed to benefit from any softening of the Wii market. MS potentially could but they've show little talent in appealing to a mass audience.

Though if Apple were to throw it's hat into the ring; and I hope I don't sidetrack my own thread with this; a lull in Wii interest would be a perfect oppurtunity.

Likely Sports/Fit/Kart will carry Wii momentum long enough for Sports Resort but if average joe gamer just sees it as Wii Sports 2 and doesn't get that WSR has something called WM+ which actually does what he thought Sports was already doing (still following me?) then it won't get the necessary buzz factor to keep Wii as a 'must have' purchase.

Gamerace said:
@ noname & bardiverse - You both make valid points re: Sony/MS in this generation. You are probably right. Sony in particular with it's high price point is terribly posed to benefit from any softening of the Wii market. MS potentially could but they've show little talent in appealing to a mass audience.

Though if Apple were to throw it's hat into the ring; and I hope I don't sidetrack my own thread with this; a lull in Wii interest would be a perfect oppurtunity.

Likely Sports/Fit/Kart will carry Wii momentum long enough for Sports Resort but if average joe gamer just sees it as Wii Sports 2 and doesn't get that WSR has something called WM+ which actually does what he thought Sports was already doing (still following me?) then it won't get the necessary buzz factor to keep Wii as a 'must have' purchase.

Sony and MS are not well positionned to take over.

But high prices aren't necessary always an issue.

Last I checked the Ipod, IPhone or MacBook aren't exactly cheap compared to their competition............

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

Sony and MS are not well positionned to take over.

But high prices aren't necessary always an issue.

Last I checked the Ipod, IPhone or MacBook aren't exactly cheap compared to their competition............

True!  And GC was the cheapest system last gen but that didn't stop it from coming in 3rd. 

Around the Network

LOL @ another Wii disgrace thread!!!

Can we stop comparing items based on monetary features?
Prices reflect much more than value like economic stability, function, necessity and so forth.
Price is such a broad field which encompasses a lot of things.

@Gamerace

Apple has tuns of success when it comes to gaming, just look at the ammount of games Apple's OSs supports vs Microsoft's....

Ok... Apple did one big thing and that was to curb stomp Sony with the Ipod, they aren't cheap they just have a better value to people.

Powerful ads that cut into an established industry by just being better, that and people got into the idea of listening to thier music when they wanted to and not a CD.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

You can't compare one items price to another to make a point because sometimes even a color will influence the buyers decision.

mainstream adoption of the ipod came not from its function, but from its design and marketing.