By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony does it again

Someone should really tell Sony to stop making stupid comments. I have nothing against Sony, but statements like these are just ridiculous. It may not be a huge part of gaming, but there is no way it hurts to have rumble included. Link: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157501

Around the Network

Idiots. I love the way the Wiimote rumbles when the cursor passes over something of importance, you get a nibble from a fish, etc. Immersion is good - not bad.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Expect Sony's PR to get worse before it gets better ... The general belief that there is "No bad press" is remarkably false as any press that leads people to believe your product is unpopular is terrible press. In (roughly) 4 Weeks Sony is going to have to have a major press release which talks about how Sony Missed their shipment targets for the PS3 and how the PS3 is selling worse than anticipated; this will obviously be phrased in a way that (they think) makes Sony sound good. The result will be dozens of interviews with many of Sony's executives which will probably have many faux-pas.

Interviewer - But Mr. Harrison, the Wii incorporates rumble, motion and a pointer function all in one controller Phil Harrison - It does!? *does scanners type head explosion*

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Amazing! Sony's Pr is doing a horrible job because sites decided to take on answer out of an interview and make it a main focus? Do people who read the internet even realize that PR reps don't just come out and say one phrase? This is a sad example of exploitive journalism and the sheer fact that the rabbid site hoppers eat it up.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

Nobody implied it was the main focus of the interview, but he did say it and it is a stupid thing to say. Infact, any rumble related answer asside from either "The lack of rumble inclusion was an unfortunate consequence of litigation" or "Yeah... we really dropped the ball on that one...sorry" is inherently stupid. They screwed that one issue up, you can admit that and still support the system.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Immersion is a bunch of biatches. I wouldn't pay them a dime. I can make a rumble controller in my freaking garage and I'd have to pay them money if it was used on a video game system? The other pussy thing they say is that a controller can't be coded to recieve rumble unless they get paid too. When their patent has nothing to do with software code at all. Fortunately by next round we may see controllers not using force feed back for rumble and using a different technology.

Stromprophet said: Immersion is a bunch of biatches. I wouldn't pay them a dime. I can make a rumble controller in my freaking garage and I'd have to pay them money if it was used on a video game system? The other pussy thing they say is that a controller can't be coded to recieve rumble unless they get paid too. When their patent has nothing to do with software code at all. Fortunately by next round we may see controllers not using force feed back for rumble and using a different technology.
Yeah...what a bunch of whiners. A big company steals their patent and wins a court case, what a bunch of losers. Companies should really let other companies have their ideas for free.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said: Companies should really let other companies have their ideas for free.
So Nintendo spends millions for the the research on the Wii remote. Consumers buy into the technology. Sony and Microsoft should be able to implement the Wii remote technology into the PS3 and Xbox360? Sony and IBM spend millions to research the Cell processor. The Wii is woefully underpowered in terms of raw processing power. Nintendo should be able to just get the entire blueprints to incorporate the Cell into the Wii, right? Microsoft spend millions of dollars in user interaction and usability studies for their Xbox Live interface, the most robust online service (paid or otherwise) among the big three. Sony and Nintendo should be able to take a few screenshots, work out their UI flow, and do the same for their respective consoles, right? Do you have any idea how asinine your comment reads? Based on your comment, you should stick to gaming on Linux.

your mother said: mancandy said: Companies should really let other companies have their ideas for free. So Nintendo spends millions for the the research on the Wii remote. Consumers buy into the technology. Sony and Microsoft should be able to implement the Wii remote technology into the PS3 and Xbox360? Sony and IBM spend millions to research the Cell processor. The Wii is woefully underpowered in terms of raw processing power. Nintendo should be able to just get the entire blueprints to incorporate the Cell into the Wii, right? Microsoft spend millions of dollars in user interaction and usability studies for their Xbox Live interface, the most robust online service (paid or otherwise) among the big three. Sony and Nintendo should be able to take a few screenshots, work out their UI flow, and do the same for their respective consoles, right? Do you have any idea how asinine your comment reads? Based on your comment, you should stick to gaming on Linux.
I was being sarcastic man. I forgot my close my tag [/sarcasm]

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078