By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony does it again

mancandy said: I was being sarcastic man. I forgot my close my tag [/sarcasm]
Point taken. No hard feelings, eh? This sarcasm thing and people not "getting" the sarcasm has been showing up recently. Maybe we need a sarcasm tag? VGCharts webmasters! Howsabout a sarcasm icon?

Around the Network

Sony reminds me of "politicians" these days (at least the ones we have here in Australia...). They have this concept that if they never "admit" they screwed up on something - or tell the truth - that people will just ignore the lies and mistruths, and let it all fall to the wayside. Gamers (especially) seem to hate arrogance - something both MS & Nintendo have picked up on. I get the feeling both those companies are happy to admit mistakes, and tell the truth - at least some times. Sony needs to drop this BS attitude they have, and come back into the "real" world, where gamers are real people - not MORONS. Some of the comments they should be making are: - "We have a long way to go before we catch up to Xbox Live" - "We love Nintendo's controller, and it inspired us to add tilt control" - "We dropped rumble because of licensing and related costs - not for technical issues" - "The CELL hasn't been as successful or powerful as we hoped - and it delayed development" - "The PS3 is quite expensive, and we are SORRY for this. We hope to reduce the price as soon as possible" ...etc...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

your mother said: mancandy said: I was being sarcastic man. I forgot my close my tag [/sarcasm] Point taken. No hard feelings, eh? This sarcasm thing and people not "getting" the sarcasm has been showing up recently. Maybe we need a sarcasm tag? VGCharts webmasters! Howsabout a sarcasm icon?
It's cool...don't worry about it. It got you to elaborate on what I wanted to say. So I you saved me some time. Thanks!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

PR people make my head hurt. I did think it was interesting he described motion detection as a "next-gen" feature when their competitor has superior technology in this area by far, not to mention their use of it was copied from their competitor and tacked on.

mancandy said:Yeah...what a bunch of whiners. A big company steals their patent and wins a court case, what a bunch of losers. Companies should really let other companies have their ideas for free.
Haha, excellent reply.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Another thing, I don't understand this concept of not excepting things last gen. Doesn't that mean there is not point in backwards compatibility.

Around the Network

diamuerto said: Another thing, I don't understand this concept of not excepting things last gen. Doesn't that mean there is not point in backwards compatibility.
Oh ... I guess you didn't hear what Sony has done to the Backwards Compatibility on the PS3

I haven't, please inform me.

Sony dropped the Emotion Engine from the PS3 so now all Backwards Compatibility is handled through emulation ... They have already said that some games will no longer work by are unwilling to give a list until the PS3 launches in Europe. Their reluctance to produce a list has many people thinking that the compatibility will be similar to that of the XBox 360 ... Barbie Horse Adventures for everyone ...

I'm really looking foward to Barbie Horse Adventures. Ok, now what's an emulator. I hear about it all the time, but am very sure that I have never worked with/used it. My guess it's some kind of program, I don't know. How does work with a system/game?

HappySqurriel said: Sony dropped the Emotion Engine from the PS3 so now all Backwards Compatibility is handled through emulation ... They have already said that some games will no longer work by are unwilling to give a list until the PS3 launches in Europe. Their reluctance to produce a list has many people thinking that the compatibility will be similar to that of the XBox 360 ... Barbie Horse Adventures for everyone ...
Actually they still have the GS intact on the motherboard, so they just removed the EE/GS combo. For those who don't know, the GS is the graphics synthesizer. Despite the EE being emulated, they will not be able to enhance the graphics of PS2 games. Software emulation is the same way the 360 does BC. Basically it's a software program that acts just like the hardware the game was originally intended for so you can run SNES games on your PC, for example.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"