By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What were your grades like in high school?

Is college easier or harder than High School? HS seems pretty easy; I just lack the discipline to do all my work and to get to bed. HS has actaully gotten easier in Junior and Senior year despite taking harder classes due to me actually doing my work. Now I just need to go to sleep earlier.

Around the Network

College is harder, but it gets pretty easy eventually. Your major and the school you are at can have a lot to do with how hard your degree is, and if you become involved in any Honors program.

As a general rule natural sciences courses are somewhat harder than liberal arts courses, but that doesn't mean there aren't liberal arts classes out there that will kick your ass or natural sciences classes that are a breeze.

I never had trouble making A's in my natural science courses (Bio minor among other things), although the one I did take pass/fail senior year I probably would have gotten a B in. The hardest class to get in A in I ever had was my Jane Austen class. I swear I only got by with like a 89.5 in that one. That teacher was insane.

This was an honors class mind you. We had 5 papers (and she was the hardest grader I have ever had), we were required to come in and watch a movie every weekend (a Jane Austen movie), we had to give a class presentation, we had a class project which the entire class got the same grade on (was such a pain to organize), and we read over six novels, but at least we didn't have a final.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

3.9828 in high school which means only one B.

First year in college and well not as good but still B's and A's thus far.

I'm the dumbest person in the thread! Go me.
I think the only subjects I ever got A's in were Art and P.E. :P

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'm the dumbest person in the thread! Go me.
I think the only subjects I ever got A's in were Art and P.E. :P

Don't worry, I dumbed it up during college (with my 2.4), I even spent 5 years there instead of 4.  :-p

It was weird going from a small country town where the teachers didn't care what you did to a place where I actually had to try.  It took me a good five years to get use to that.  :-p

Around the Network

I graduated with 2.2

Im a Jr and my GPA hasnt hit 3.0 since middle school. Ive been in the 1.7-2.8 area.

Im doing pretty bad in most my classes. Ive always gotten A's or B's in my English or History class though. Only classes that interest me.

WessleWoggle said:
I always try to aim for a C(even though I can get every answer right, I only give it my all on tests).

This year I currently have a B+, B, -C, and D+.

If only I applied myself... I could get straight A's. But screw that, time to take a bong hit. drink. :)

Lolz. Same for me except for the fix

Passed barely through H school. Fortunately you can work or do short courses in order to gain street cred for uni / college entry.

No hurry and remember everyone has on average 4 careers in their lifetime. Im technically doing 3rd right now and im late 20's.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

My highschool grades were poor, but most teachers weren't willing to give me a chance. As soon as I got out of high school I went to university where the faculty encouraged me to grow, and now I often find myself getting high grades.

After my course is over I will try to get into a better university for a start, I would like to do a PHD. Although I would love to try my hand at medicine lol

I probably wouldn't do to well in medicine though haha