By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I just got a Xbox 360 error... I need help...

halogamer1989 said:
Your GPU popped off from the mobo-- I am assuming u got some green fuzzy bands and then E-74. Soon u will get the RROD. Sorry Fernando!

OFF TOPIC

Hey Cowboy, just to tell you that as an european, I find your signature stupid. Leave texas and go see the world .

/OFF TOPIC

Yes indeed, it is a good sign that the RROD is coming... Mine survived a month after the first signs than died.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Is a Falcon unit... I bought the console last November 2007... I still have my 1 year warranty.

Is an Elite model... I tought that Falcon units were safe =(

Fernando said:

I was playing BioShock just like a half hour ago... suddenly, the graphics started to look weird...

So, I restarted the 360 and the E-74 appeared...

I disconnected the HD-DVD, the Plug and Play, the Ethernet cable, and restarted the console... the error was still there. So I disconnected the HDMI cable too... the error dissapeared, but as soon as I plug the HDMI, the same error appear.

Anyone has or had the same problem?

its a gpu seating error or just general gpu error, can lead to red ringing though E-74 does generally go away if the console cools, though i would recomend swap or repair its going to stay with you as an issue till its taken care of

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Call MS as soon as possible, your console needs a repair.

Sardauk said:
halogamer1989 said:
Your GPU popped off from the mobo-- I am assuming u got some green fuzzy bands and then E-74. Soon u will get the RROD. Sorry Fernando!

OFF TOPIC

Hey Cowboy, just to tell you that as an european, I find your signature stupid. Leave texas and go see the world .

/OFF TOPIC

Actually a movie ticket costs 5-7€ in Spain. I know it because I live there xD Taxes are not even 1€ of that price :P

Try leaving it unplugged for several hours to cool to ambient temp.

The only problem is, even if it starts working again, it's only a matter of time or number of extended gaming sessions before components overheat again and you have the same error. It's not a "fix" per se.

If the error still pops up, not that I advocate abusing warrantees (but since it's for a design flawed, poor QC piece of equipment, I'll make an exception), I'd recommend wrapping it up in a blanket and running it until it overheats and the solder joints on the GPU pop off the MoBo = RRoD.

And no, the Falcon is not immune from the GPU problem since it still uses a hotter running 65nm die processor. The 65nm Xenon CPU helped cut down on internal heat, but didn't exactly address the real problem. Failure rate is still reported as being around 15%.

Jasper (65nm GPU die) *should* range in the 3-5% failure rate unless QC is still in the crapper.

Around the Network

The E-74 Error message is not good, Its time to call microsoft i'm afraid because someone i know got E-74 and when he called them they told him to send it back to them for repairs.

since your under warrenty u should send it in. I currently have the same error and im not under warrenty.

however it could just be that the hana chip in your hdmi or something burned out. I read about it and that could be the problem. If other hdmi cords work then its your cords not your GPU. In small cases it is your GPU. I need to find some cables to test mine and if it still does it with the different cables then its a gpu problem.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Stop trolling.

halil23 said:
Imalwayswrong_Tyagi said:
That's what you get for trolling Sony fans all the time.

This!

this

megaman2 said:
halil23 said:
Imalwayswrong_Tyagi said:
That's what you get for trolling Sony fans all the time.

This!

this

get an elite or get a ps3