By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Weekend Deal: "Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines" 50% off

Vampire®: The Masquerade-Bloodlines™ delivers a new type of RPG experience-one that blends all the core elements of a traditional RPG with the graphical richness, immediacy and brutal combat of a first-person action game. The game plunges players into the dark and gritty vampire underworld of modern-day L.A. as a creature of the night. Players will develop their character's powers, interact with other characters and embark on story-driven quests as they battle mortals and other vampires with an incredible array of vampire powers and weapons. Powered by Valve's Source Technology, the game is based on White Wolf's popular Vampire: The Masquerade pen-and-paper RPG series and its official clans.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

This RPG has easily one of the the best character animations and voice acting, a great story to boot and a wonderful, varied cast of characters, you are in for a ride.

Think of this game as a Vampire-based Mass Effect, but with better characters, better voice acting, better animations, better story, more meaningful choices and some of the best writing ever.

Around the Network

I really LLOOOOOOVVEEEE this game bro. I think I'll download it. Play it on my modern PC.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It'll run on Vista right? Vista 32?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, can I use paypal for steam?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZenfoldorVGI
Yes it should work on Vista 32bit. As long as your OS isn't 64bit it will run fine, but you still might have to turn on the compatibility mode (though I think it'll work without it).

And yeah you can use paypal on Steam.

Around the Network

Just bought it, downloading now, will take a while, going at 120kbps pretty damn fast for me. Steam is awesome, can I msconfig it so it doesn't run on startup though?

Also, and I already know the answer, but steam has no spy or malware, or anything of the sort, right?

Final question, can I use the standard patches for this once it's downloaded?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ok, one thing I dislike is the inability to see a GB or MB number of how much of the game I have downloaded. it just gives a percentage. Is there an option?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Just bought it, downloading now, will take a while, going at 120kbps pretty damn fast for me. Steam is awesome, can I msconfig it so it doesn't run on startup though?

Also, and I already know the answer, but steam has no spy or malware, or anything of the sort, right?

Final question, can I use the standard patches for this once it's downloaded?

I don't know but I doubt it'll come to that. If a problem occurs, a simple check on the compatibility mode should be enough. But I haven't heard of Vista 32bit ever have a problem running the game.

Steam has no spyware or malware, and also has auto-update, which should patch Bloodlines with the latest official patch v1.2.

And HOLY SHIT!! Bloodlines has alot of bugs and bad coding in there, but I know there is a group of fans that have always been patching the game for years, fixing and tweaking everything they see. When I played VTMB the first time (some years ago), they had released patch v1.6 or something, but today their patch is v5.7 !!!!!! It's like they're fixing everything, from lip synching, to removing bugs, to tweak gameplay, to even add compatibility to 64bit OS's.

here's the link for their patch: http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

Here's how to install if you are interested:

1) Launch Bloodlines in Steam at least once so all files are created
2) Extract the unofficial patch to Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade bloodlines (check the real path, I'm not sure if I've got it right)
3) Allow it to overwrite everything
4) Play Bloodlines, a line on top of the character creation menu should tell you whether or not the unofficial patch was successfully installed.

You need to have the official 1.2 patch installed in the game before you do this, but Steam will update it automatically.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Ok, one thing I dislike is the inability to see a GB or MB number of how much of the game I have downloaded. it just gives a percentage. Is there an option?

It usually pop-ups a message before you start installing a Steam game and tells how much you the total download will be. There is no option to see the GB or MB you already downloaded, but you can right-click the game and select Properties, then choose the "Local Files" tab and it will show the size of the total downloadof a game in "Disk Usage" and you can just figure it out with the percentage.

Thanks a lot shio, you've been a big help.

NO NO, NO NO NO.