By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

http://www.vgcharts.org/news/news.php?id=104 Fricking awesome!! Explore a whole new world with MySims™—it's your world to transform! Move to a town that has been struggling lately. With a little creativity and some help from the locals, you can make this place thrive. Improve the town to attract new characters, from the Italian Chef and Florist to the Kickboxing Instructor and DJ. Discover what the residents want and need, so that you can help them enjoy life in their town. Design a hot tub or a jukebox from scratch, build homes and businesses from the roof to the front door. Uncover special decorations and patterns as you explore the growing town. From the furniture and objects to the buildings to the town as a whole – each of your creations is unique. In MySims, what you make… makes all the difference! * Build and customize an entire town— Your town is your own unique creation, from the flower shop to building a mad scientist’s laboratory, and beyond. * Shape the community— It's your call who lives there and who moves out! Who will you befriend? Who will you ignore? * A whole world to explore— Socialize with the locals and uncover all sorts of useful or surprising treasures hidden throughout the town. * Create your own Sim— It’s a cinch to personalize your Sims appearance from head to toe with the Wii™ & Nintendo DS™ controls. Unlock cool new clothing and accessories as you befriend the neighbors. * Design your own stuff— Decorate with your very own furniture and accessories, then customize your creations with things you can grow, harvest, or discover around town. MySims is an all-new game designed exclusively for play on Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ systems.

Around the Network

From building a new Pizza Oven for Gino to putting the finishing touches on a new roof for Buddy’s busy hotel, each completed task will help the town grow.
Fricking suckass. EDIT: It's also coming to the DS. It's just a new twist aimed at a younger female audiance. The last game with 'The Sims' on it worth buying was... well... uhh... Cant think of one. :

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

i do, Simcity 2000

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kwaad said: Fricking suckass. EDIT: It's also coming to the DS. It's just a new twist aimed at a younger female audiance. The last game with 'The Sims' on it worth buying was... well... uhh... Cant think of one. :
Honestly, it is probably EA's attempt to cross two highly successful games; Animal Crossing (on the DS it has been huge) and the Sims. Both of these games have a similar apeal and (if done well) EA could really have a hit.

kirby007 said: i do, Simcity 2000
I liked sim tower personally. However SimCity does not have 'The Sims' in it. If you read what you can do. EA is biteing off a BIG chunk of things you can do. If they succeed I would say this game would easily rival SPORE and possibly blow it out of the water in complexity. Sounds like a awosome sims.

Around the Network

I doubt it'll be good...The Sims on consoles just don't work...technically it could...but it just won't, cause EA's like that Oh man...don't even talk about Spore...just don't talk about it, forget about it, I don't want to think about it...so awesome... And yeah, Sim Tower was freakin awesome...after our computer typing class in grade school, they'd let us have some free time, usually occupied by Sim Tower or Descent...until they deemed the game too violent. Seriously though, it was either 8 or 16 player, I forget, Descent in the computer lab in 4th grade...best time ever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think this is the right move for the sims on a console, to be honest I love the sims and a kind of like Animal Crossing but the charachters are just a little to lame with the whole animal people. This looks to be taking what I like best about both and putting them together. So I'm looking forward to it.

BenKenobi88 said: I doubt it'll be good...The Sims on consoles just don't work...technically it could...but it just won't, cause EA's like that Oh man...don't even talk about Spore...just don't talk about it, forget about it, I don't want to think about it...so awesome... And yeah, Sim Tower was freakin awesome...after our computer typing class in grade school, they'd let us have some free time, usually occupied by Sim Tower or Descent...until they deemed the game too violent. Seriously though, it was either 8 or 16 player, I forget, Descent in the computer lab in 4th grade...best time ever.
Descent was one of the greatest games of all time. Seriously. It was so damn awesome. ESPECIALLY multiplayer. SPORE looks absolutely killer. My fear is they bit off more than they can chew. But the game is so basic it might not be. (comeon, 90% of content is user created thoughout the game. Wich makes it alot easier to make... massive unique worlds) My point on Sims... The more sims does. The more watered down everything gets... and I'm not gonna say there's much to water down, because the game is damn near water in it's best PC form. I thought it might be a good game. When I saw DS. That told me, that it will suck. Because their both gonna run the same game, one with more graphics than the other. It is a new sim, marketed at 8-10 year old girls. Dont compare it to animal crossing. It was killer fun in it's own unique way. I havent liked a sims. Ever. And I assure you. I've played alot of them. My wife F*king loves it. I have 2 versions of Sims for DS, 2 or 3 for the PS2... and Almost everything for sims on the PC. Yuck. I think their all horrible, low budget, crap games. Cept Sims2 wich is a high budget graphics engine, with crap content.

I agree...although I don't think the DS game will be "the same" with crappier graphics. It will suck nonetheless. My girl friends love the sims...they play it all the time. I see why they like it, but when I try to play it, I get bored and...it's just not that great. Spore is getting a lot of hype, and I'm worried it might not live up to the hype...but for all the time they're putting into it, I think it's going to be great. Basic doesn't equal cheap...it's going to be a unique game to be sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think I can safely say that this has the potential to become the Wii's next system seller, until Animal Crossing comes out, at the very least. Every girl and her mother would be clamoring for a Wii just to play this cutesy game, me thinks.