By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's up with churches having halloween parties? I'm bored

I'm a Christian but I don't like this!

My kid's grounded so he's staing home to pass out candies.

it's 7:32 p.m.  and only couple of people came by trick-or treating.

all the neighborhood kids are going to church!

What's up with that?  I bought $40 worth of candies!

Around the Network

I believe they are called "harvest parties" or something similar. It is an alternative for people who find it unacceptable to celebrate witches, wizards, ghosts, and so on.

but i got $40 worth of candies left!!

Yea, like Jackson said. Back where my parents live, the church there has this annual "Harvest Fest" as a clean alternative to Halloween. It's actually a lot of fun. We would play manhunt on the grounds and the game could go on for hours.

Coke, don't feel bad though. I blew just about as much as you did on candy and only one kid came by. More for me :D My stomach is going to kill be tomorrow though, I've already gone through more than a dozen packs of sweettarts.

You were going to pass out sweet tarts? I am going to travel to your house and personally egg it.

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
You were going to pass out sweet tarts? I am going to travel to your house and personally egg it.

What's wrong with sweet tarts? D:

gomezc said:
Jackson50 said:

Uhhhhh, everything is wrong with Sweet Tarts. You have to pass out the good stuff-Reese's Cups, Butterfingers, KitKats, Almond Joys, Zero bars, and so on and so forth. I was very much dissatisfied when people gave me Sweet Tarts, tiny boxes of Nerds, Laffy Taffy, and etc. Let me tell you...the people who displeased me had a nice present from me in the form of forks in the lawn, toilet paper in their trees, and (if I found the treat particularly egregious) eggs on their house/car.

Jackson50 said:
gomezc said:
Jackson50 said:

Uhhhhh, everything is wrong with Sweet Tarts. You have to pass out the good stuff-Reese's Cups, Butterfingers, KitKats, Almond Joys, Zero bars, and so on and so forth. I was very much dissatisfied when people gave me Sweet Tarts, tiny boxes of Nerds, Laffy Taffy, and etc. Let me tell you...the people who displeased me had a nice present from me in the form of forks in the lawn, toilet paper in their trees, and (if I found the treat particularly egregious) eggs on their house/car.

I didn't say Sweet Tarts was the only thing I was passing out.  I only mentioned that I had eaten a good amount of them since I like them.  I had plenty of good candy to hand out in various forms.  Hey man, the shit's free anyway, you should be greatful you even get free candy from strangers, albeit some can be riddled with razor blades, etc.  Shit the last time some little prick tried to egg my house he had some nice paintball wounds to lick at the end of the night.

gomezc said:Hey man, the shit's free anyway, you should be greatful you even get free candy from strangers, albeit some can be riddled with razor blades, etc.  Shit the last time some little prick tried to egg my house he had some nice paintball wounds to lick at the end of the night.

I do not have to be grateful that someone gave me crap candy. If you can afford to purchase candy to pass out...purchase something good. I am gladdened to hear that you also purchased good candy in the event someone came to your door.

Jackson50 said:
gomezc said:Hey man, the shit's free anyway, you should be greatful you even get free candy from strangers, albeit some can be riddled with razor blades, etc.  Shit the last time some little prick tried to egg my house he had some nice paintball wounds to lick at the end of the night.

I do not have to be grateful that someone gave me crap candy. If you can afford to purchase candy to pass out...purchase something good. I am gladdened to hear that you also purchased good candy in the event someone came to your door.

Indeed, I usually try to get a good assortment; a mix of hard candy and chocolates.  So many people like different things anyhow.