By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's up with churches having halloween parties? I'm bored

no no no Those Smarties are the candies that suck. Everyone passes out smarties; they are just lame versions of sweet tarts

Around the Network

Haha, strangely I have yet to see a pack of smarties this year. I'll admit, the candy everyone should steer clear of are those generic, no-name, color-coated hard candies wrapped in some faded-pastel colored transparent paper. I used to get those when I went trick-or-treating as a kid, but you really don't see those so much any more.

I even had those king size snickers, reeses, hersheys
I only handed out two of em.

Jackson50 said:
I believe they are called "harvest parties" or something similar. It is an alternative for people who find it unacceptable to celebrate witches, wizards, ghosts, and so on.

Doesn't that ironically bring it more back towards the whole Pagan roots thing?

gomezc said:
Jackson50 said:
You were going to pass out sweet tarts? I am going to travel to your house and personally egg it.

What's wrong with sweet tarts? D:

Well for one.  Sour Apple.  When they brought in sour apple and got rid of the sweet green it was one of the worst moves ever.  It totally doesn't jell with the rest of the package!

First thing i do when i get a box of sweet tarts is remove all the sour apples.

My house always passed out reesee's cups and had a lot left over.  This always allowed me to get a kings ransom of hard candy for any i got in my bag.