By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SERIOUS fallout 3 glitch

ok....I walk out the brass lantern in megaton...and what do I see?

Lucy West and Nathan falling to their death after walking off a tall structure....

great....what am I supposed to do now? My last save was in the ant caves and its a HUGE hassle to redo the whole thing...should I just let them stay dead? I kinda liked them, and Lucy West had a quest I was working on....

Around the Network

haha, awesome =P

you only need the caps for the morty guy though, thats the mainquest that leads to your dad..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

You shoul have saved more =/. And no autosave?

That's probably one of the funniest "glitches" I've ever heard of. I wonder what motivated them to walk off the roof...

konnichiwa said:
You shoul have saved more =/. And no autosave?

only when entering new places and/or buildings

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

^ That's what I mean if he entered megaton he should have an autosave.

lol, I guess it IS pretty funny, but here's how it worked:

YES, there is autosave, but when the autosave kicks in, it overwrites the old autosave, thus, when I walked out of the brass lantern the game autosaved right before Nathan and Lucy feel to ther deaths.

SO, i have to go back to my last non-autosave which is in the ant-caves and it kinda sucks

I mean, people are calling me a troll, and I guess I over-reacted a bit at first, but I'm really not trying to put down the game in any way, its just that it's really frustrating when I'm trying to tell people but they're just calling me a troll

niksta2 said:

lol, I guess it IS pretty funny, but here's how it worked:

YES, there is autosave, but when the autosave kicks in, it overwrites the old autosave, thus, when I walked out of the brass lantern the game autosaved right before Nathan and Lucy feel to ther deaths.

SO, i have to go back to my last non-autosave which is in the ant-caves and it kinda sucks

I mean, people are calling me a troll, and I guess I over-reacted a bit at first, but I'm really not trying to put down the game in any way, its just that it's really frustrating when I'm trying to tell people but they're just calling me a troll

Oh don't worry about that, you should have seen how bad I got it because I dared post how my PS3 died after 13 days of ownership.

Well, I say that's a little more like real life that that game is going for--random things happen XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

UPDATE:

I loaded up my old save down in the ant caves and returned to Megaton.

Luckily, this time, Nathan was not dead....but Lucy West was still mysteriously dead...

I tried about three time to reload from the ant caves, but it didn't work: each time I arrived in Megaton she was dead in the exact same spot

sigh...it's too bad....now I'll never be able to finish her quest...