By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Volition: We struggled with PS3 Red Faction

Who cares. Both red faction games for the PS2 were shit

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Nothing that we haven't been hearing for the past two years really.....dammit Garnett. I can't stop staring at your sig for some reason LOL

lol,me too its addicting!

As for PS3 ram being superiour to 360,they both have 512mb of RAM,you can claim how much better PS3 ram is than 360 but its still only 512mb....

@garnett, that is like saying a gallon of 91 gasoline is the same as 87,

i agree that lazy dev argument isn't a good one. it's more like what mevildan said regarding time constraints and bottom dollar which restricts devs from matching or exceeding what's being done on the xbox. that being said, it sounds like it's an issue of knowledge of architecture on the dev's part.

silver lining, it is/should be possible for the ps3 to at least match the xbox 360 graphically every time.

Garnett said:
Darc Requiem said:
Nothing that we haven't been hearing for the past two years really.....dammit Garnett. I can't stop staring at your sig for some reason LOL

lol,me too its addicting!

That sig is really drawing me in. I'm having a hard time ignoring it.

Around the Network

They should just stop what they're doing and make Freespace 3

:(

mtofu said:
i agree that lazy dev argument isn't a good one. it's more like what mevildan said regarding time constraints and bottom dollar which restricts devs from matching or exceeding what's being done on the xbox. that being said, it sounds like it's an issue of knowledge of architecture on the dev's part.

silver lining, it is/should be possible for the ps3 to at least match the xbox 360 graphically every time.

That's the important thing when given what developers need to complete a game.  And if we are to take Volition's word, the end results proved desirable.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jesus Christ, I stared at Garnetts sig for so long. On topic, its good that all the versions are coming along well.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

yawn, so what else is new

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

The lazy dev argument only works when a game is terrible quality or in a poor direction from the start.

It can't even be mentioned here, since we have seen nothing of this Red Faction game.

As for struggling on PS3 development, I hope they learn more as time passes. Making games seems impossible.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."