By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

Depends what you like...

FPS= Both good, you will be happy either way buy 360 may be better.

SRPG= PS3. Other than PSP, PS3 has best SRPGs this gen. Check out Disgaea 3 and Valkeryia Chronicles, the 2 best. 360 has spectral force, which I hear is ok.

Platformer- kinda a toss up. 360 has Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, and Kameo (if its a platformer, not really sure). Ps3 has pixel junk eden, rayman, and Little Big Planet. Both have 2 sonic games and are getting a new sonic game next year that is nothing but remakes of all of sonic's genesis games and maybe others in HD 1080P.

Puzzle= no clue, every console ever is fine in the catergory. 360 has some good arcade puzzles, dunno about 360.

JRPG= 360 is far better, but PS3 is getting some. PS3 is getting eternal sonata and Tales of Vesperia from 360. Both are getting FF13. PS3 is getting White Knight Chronicles and vs 13. 360 has/is getting blue dragon, lost oddesy, star ocean 4 as exclusives.

WRPG= 360 for sure.

Racing= both are fine. PS3 might be better once GT5 comes out, but you may be waiting a while.

For creative games, both are good. PS3 has Little Big Planet, 360 viva pinata. LBP is practically the greatest game ever, but there are TWo viva games, so it balances out imo.

360 is also $200 cheaper if you don't care about online and dont have an HDTV.

Around the Network

hey thanks everyone for the help...ill look into which exclusives to see which i like better.....any other input would be appreciated...thanks again

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

It really depends on which game genre you enjoy the most.  That aside, the Playstation 3 is a better buy.  Although currently overpriced, its value will show itself in 18-24 months.  As a 360 owner, I must say that I do love the system.  It however, does not have as much of a futureproof foundation like that of the PS3.  The 360 is more than I need as is the PS3.  Truly, let us know your preferences. 

On another note, Blu-Ray IS a big deal.  Go to your local eletronics retailer and have them put in the DVD vs Blu-Ray comparison video.  The results are awakening.  Also, if you have an HDTV, HDMI cables are available for $6 on sites like monoprice.com and other areas. 

I have stong opinions. Slanted they may be. Uninformed they are not

360 most games =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

well I used to have a ps2, but went for 360...

500+ games, excellent online (if your willing to pay), great price, netflix coming soon if streaming movies would be a benefit for you, best controller i've ever used (personal opinion).....

good luck deciding...

Around the Network

Great back catalogue of games that are dirt cheap now.

Then do the same with PS3 next year.

Everyone's a winner baby.

X360. Awesome graphics and awesome games.
And of course, nearly half the price ;)

With this current generation...as been said before in this thread, you really have to look at the exclusives for the perspective console.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Graphics = Tie.
Games = Tie. Both have great now games and great games announced for next year.
Price = Save $100 and pay $50/year for online play. Tie.

PS3:
- Blu-Ray
- WiFi included
- User upgradable HD.
- Quieter and more reliable.
- PS1 BC
- Integrated functionality with PSP (if you own one)

X360:
- Netflix
- Cheaper if you do not care about DLC or online play
- Some BC with original XBox games.
- Larger catalog of older games

Other factors:
- Is there an exclusive must-have game that you cannot live without?
- Do you want to play online with friends? What console do they own?

IMO, pick the PS3 best bang for your buck. PC+PS3+Wii = most libarary of games. Most Xbox360 games either multi plat with PC and/or PS3.