By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has FFXIII targetting Japan, GT5 targetting Euro. What about US???

well, we all know FF franchise is what Sony used to target Japan.   And GT5 sells extremely well in Europe.

But what about US? What is Sony's plan for the US market? Is it R2 and KZ2? With US market heavily favouring shooter games... or is it LBP? Trying to steal casual from Nintendo?

Or maybe just combination of all games?

Discuss.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

its Resistance 2 + Killzone 2 no doubt about it! Americans love shooters, and thoses a heavy hitters !!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Well GT 5 is still a huge game in the US, but I think having Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and God of War III is what will give them the push

They can't get madden so they'll have to focus on shooters probably

Resistance 2 + Killzone 2 + they might hope that MAG also brings in some fans.

Killzone 2

Around the Network

Killzone 2 is a great game after having played the Beta so that should move systems in NA, GT5 is big there according to numbers from this site and also GOW 3. Shooters do the best in NA so Killzone 2 should help very nicely.

If KZ is anywhere near as good as R2 (yes, I'm not hoping for GoTY just yet), it will be a huge win for Sony.

Sony's own sports game franchise is pretty bad, for the exception of MLB the Show series.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

GoW 3, R2, KZ2. A combination of complete and pure win.

From what I am hearing about the KZ 2 beta, it is incredible, and I really hope it does do well

?