By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Recent survey says only 3,6% of the japanese will buy DSi on day1

I'm not counting outside of the current number of DS owners, since imo Japan has almost reached the saturation point. More than 20% oj the japanese already own the handheld, what more would we want?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

I can't get the point of "only", 3,6% is damn high, like it have been already said.

WiiStation360 said:
Japan's population is 127 million.

3.6% of that is 4.57 million DSi on day one!

Unless they meant 3.6% of current japanese DS owners, which is a mere 860k for day 1.

This!! WTF do they mean by this "ONLY"???!!!!! 3.6% either way is still huge day one sales!!

4 ≈ One

Seeing the boost PSP got due to the 3000, i would think the DSi production will not be able to the meet the demands for a few weeks in Japan

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Sample size ?

Around the Network

If you assume that the gamers polled represent about 5% of the views of the Japaneese people, and that none of the other 95% of people in Japan will buy a DSi, this would work out to (roughly) 200,000 to 250,000 DSi systems sold on day one and about 2,000,000 people who seem fairly interested in buying one in the near future. That seems fairly massive when you consider how small of an improvement the DSi is

The is completely skewed, the sample include more than 80% male and the average age was like 23, look at the DS demography and you'll see that this is NOT a group that the DS is popular with.

wow only 5 million Dsi's on day one?! FLOP!

lol ya wow thats still so many, and thats only day 1

inaccurate