By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles or Eternal Sonata???

Kingsora_be said:
Thx Jason that's the kind of information that really helps ^^

So the story of Eternal Sonata isn't that great??

I didn't think so personally but others may have a different opinion. It does have a very original premise which is welcome in the JRPG world of angsty teenagers saving the world.  You could say this has a few of the same type of characters but it's presented in a unique way by lying in the "dream world" of Chopin's final days.  The problem is that as the game goes on the story and dialogue sequences get more and more convoluted.  It seems like the Chopin sequences become less and less frequent too.  Then the ending comes which is a total mess.  

What I enjoyed about the game was mainly the beautiful art style and music.  The battle system kept itself fresh and enjoyable till the end.  The ever changing party system kept adding new dynamics to the battle system which was good in keeping it fresh.  This may have been because of the short length though, if the game was another 20 hours it may have began to wear out it's welcome.  I know others have complained about it being repetitive but I don't share that opinion.

My only major complaints though were with the story and some of the dungeon designs. If you decide to check out the game now or in the future take my advice and use a guide on Fort Fermata and the final dungeon.  They are both an exercise in frustration if you do not.  I know some people are against using them but trust me I would make an exception in this case.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles. Hands down

Definitely Valkryia Chronicles. As long as you don't mind a bit of SRPG, I get the sense the story and combat is more engaging with this title. Right now it looks like a 85+ title, which is more than I can say for most JRPGs this generation.

Preorder it on Amazon to get it for $47.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

i like the idea of getting ES first (dunno how much they price it) play that then get VC.

but if ES is priced at $50 or more get VC then wait till ES drops

VALKYERE CHRONICLES IS ONLY £27 AT ASDA

my fall games are such..........

• siren bloodcurse bluray
  • resistance 2
  • motorstorm 2
  • valkyere chrnicles
  • little big planet

THE BEST FALL LINEUP THIS YEAR IMO

MANY OTHER GEMS FOR OTHER TYPE OF PLAYERS ALSO INCLUDING ALL THE NEW SINGSTAR AND SING-IT SERIES

BUY A PS3 NOW:)

on topic ES is worth it as it is much improved over the orig, but il get that after mabey feb-march

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Buy VC, rent Eternal Sonata, and then buy WKS. Eternal Sonata is an average game and short by JRPG standards. You could finish the game in a few days and probably wouldn't play it again. After playing ES, I'm sure you'll appreciate WKS that much more.