By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Reviews Valkyria Chronicles : WOW

IGN gave it 9/10.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/925/925395p1.html

IGN AU gave it 9.1/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/925/925384p2.html

Closing comments:

Valkyria Chronicles is a game that all PS3 owners should at least try out, especially considering its unique blend of genre forms. With such a robust collection of extras to backup an already impressive mission roster and gripping story, Valkyria Chronicles comes highly recommended. I strongly encourage you to try it out and see the beauty of Gallia and its people.

IGN AU Ratings for Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
The story-book concept works perfectly, but marks off for a somewhat inadequate tutorial that left us initially confused.
9.0 Graphics
A triumph of artistic vision. The PS3 may have output more polys before, but has it ever looked quite this gorgeous?
8.0 Sound
Big thumbs up for retaining the original Japanese voice acting. Slightly underwhelming musical score though.
9.0 Gameplay
As tactically expressive an SRPG as you’re likely to find. So many options, so many decisions that matter.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
An already lengthy campaign boasts huge replay value through Skirmish mode and chasing the highest rank completions.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I didn't see that coming,,,,nice review

Around the Network

This thread has already been made but yeah that's a hell of a good score.

this is now for IGN AU.

This and the White Knight Chronicles are my must have PS3 titles. I'm glad the games are actually good too, would've purchased them anyway.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Awesome! Day 1 buy for me! Thank God for a good next-gen JRPG/SRPG!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

outlawaruon will be happy.

^^lol i know

Great stuff, day one purchase for me.

I can't wait ^_^

4 ≈ One

I played the demo today, and now I'm interested in the game.