By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you feel your life is boring?

Flow said:
ctk495 said:
Hey guys I don't know if I should give up I think there are some other guys interested in her but at the same time what if she is into me and I waste an important chance? By the way lol kirby you were right there were some guys telling her "I want you candy" lol I laughed I don't know if they did it as a joke.Anyway she seems to be fairly popular but she is in the same year as I am I have her in some of my classes but we don't longer sit together :( it only happend once. Should I give up on her or get on trying.By the way I ask her on facebook what was he msn but she hasn't reply yet I'll wait this weekend if she replies and gives me her msn then I'll keep on trying to get to now her if she doesn't then I'll just forget about this and try to look for someone else.Also why do most guys have younger gf's?why do girls tend to look for older guys?

Almost every girl always have lots of guys interested or at least just hitting on her, don't let that get you down.

And remember, you gotta be different from these suckers, that girl is used to and probably don't care about those guys that surround her like bees on honey. You gotta make her like you. I don't know if i made this clear but if you don't get the point say it.

And why not look for someone else even if this one is still pendant? If you get two girls interested in you, then my friend, your life will not be boring anymore.

And why do you want to know about guys having younger girlfriends? I don't really know.

I only have one life so I'm tired of being shy or fearing rejection I'm going to call her right now and her if she wants to go to see HSM3 with me :)

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Hawkeye said:

akuma587, do you enjoy watching sports? I watch a little so I can muddle my way thoguh talking about it, but I agree that sports in general can be oafsih. The whole root root root for the home team is akin to blindly following one party in politics and blindly repeat every piece of misinformation you hear about the other guy, and then always voting for your party of choice even if your candidate is old washed up turd ona stick vs. Mr. Cool.

I watch no sports whatsoever. I enjoy it slightly when I do watch sports, but I would rather be listening to music, watching a movie, reading a book, or just about anything else. I hate wasting time on something when I could be doing something I enjoy more. Maybe once a year I will go to a sporting event, but the people I am friends with generally aren't that interested in sports, or at least have something else to talk about. But in Texas, EVERYONE likes sports, unfortunately. Hell, I know a lot of girls who like sports way more than I do.

I am not the athletic type, but I am in very good shape. So its not like I am adverse to physical activity at all, since I exercise at least three times a week. But sports today are the modern day form of gladiator battles. Entertainment for the dull and uneducated masses. Now I don't hold it against someone if they like sports and they are also intelligent, but generally speaking people who are really into sports are not that bright.

And as you mentioned, the whole mob mentality makes it even less appealing. Its not like sports affect your day at all either, unless you have a pathetic excuse of an existence. Will it matter next year if the Packers win the Super Bowl? Compare that to will it matter next year if Barack Obama or John McCain wins the election.

Something like politics materially impacts your day. It affects your freedoms, your pocket book, the people around you, your safety, and even your mental state. I know I get extremely frustrated when I feel like my country is failing to live up to its potential, or when government officials make a mockery of the Constitution and the American people. Politics is like sports for smart people. Although the mob mentality thing seeps into politics as well, unfortunately. But people should care about politics, although many people substitute "caring" about a cause for "having a rationally informed basis for caring" about a cause.

I agree with you on everything you said. There are some people I know who watch sports in order to bond with others, but most people who watch alot of sports aren't that smart. My Dad always says that football is modern day roman gladiators. He watches sports to escape his life, but I don't see the point. If I read a book, I often learn something. Video games don't provide very much knoledge, but in games you are at least in control of what you are doing while you are entertainted/escape reality for a bit. Games that are skill based like Tetris or Geometry Wars or games that let you express yourself like Little Big Planet are most appealing to me- so much so that I may buy a PS3 for Little Big Planet (and Blu Ray and Valkeryia Chronicles)

The founding fathers originally set up the consitiution to be immune from mob mentality, but unfortunatly over time their safegaurds have eroded. The electroal college origanlly gave the illusion of everyone having a say while the educated elites really picked the president. Today we are much closer to the masses picking the president due to the delegates being pawns of their respective parties rather than independant thinkers. There is still some regulation- the party picks the candidate (though the founding fathers were actaully opposed to politicial parties also) and many uneducated people willing opt out of voting. I dislike organizations like Acorn or Laws like the Motor Voter Act, not becuase I am against freedom, but becuase people who really want to vote should have the will/intelligence to register themselves. Having every idiot vote isn't a good thing.

akuma587 said:
gomezc said:

Nice way to put it bud. While our views differ in some points, I respect what you said here. I'm not a big sports fan either; in fact I don't watch sports at all, but do lift weights and excersize 5 days a week. What I hate is when you get ragged on for NOT watching sports, as if it makes you any less "patriotic" since you dislike an "All American Sport", feh. You're alright Akuma :D

Indeed, the manliness associated with watching sports is even more moronic. Many people who are really into sports were complete failures at sports in high school, and now they try to vicariously thrive on it through some team, as if someone even gives a shit about how shitty you were at sports in high school and how you are trying to make up for it now.

And I'll just flat out say it, people who are really into sports are generally much bigger douche bags and generally treat women worse. Most major sports have a "I'm tough shit" kind of attitude based on the sport itself and the pomp surrounding it. Not surprisingly, the fans love this and a lot of it bleeds off onto them. This is what I call the "eternal frat-boy mentality."

And acting like sports is patriotic is equally moronic. Look at the one President who was a football player, Gerald Ford. Not exactly on the top of most people's lists of best President ever. And most of the Founding Fathers? Probably would have gotten their asses kicked by a junior high school football team. NASCAR fans are the worst. If NASCAR fans are automatically patriotic, then apparently deep-frying chicken and having hot sex with your inbred cousin is patriotic.

Anyone who thinks watching sports somehow makes you more manly or more patriotic is a pathetic excuse for a human being. That's like saying drinking a lot of beer everyday makes you smarter.

Or only cool people choose to drink. I personally don't drink at all, and I can definatly see the benifits of drinking, but for me, the cons outweigh the pros so I don't drink, but there is still a stigma that people who don't drink are weird.

I also want to say that people who are really really into wrestling are almost always stupid.

ctk495 said:
Flow said:
ctk495 said:
Hey guys I don't know if I should give up I think there are some other guys interested in her but at the same time what if she is into me and I waste an important chance? By the way lol kirby you were right there were some guys telling her "I want you candy" lol I laughed I don't know if they did it as a joke.Anyway she seems to be fairly popular but she is in the same year as I am I have her in some of my classes but we don't longer sit together :( it only happend once. Should I give up on her or get on trying.By the way I ask her on facebook what was he msn but she hasn't reply yet I'll wait this weekend if she replies and gives me her msn then I'll keep on trying to get to now her if she doesn't then I'll just forget about this and try to look for someone else.Also why do most guys have younger gf's?why do girls tend to look for older guys?

Almost every girl always have lots of guys interested or at least just hitting on her, don't let that get you down.

And remember, you gotta be different from these suckers, that girl is used to and probably don't care about those guys that surround her like bees on honey. You gotta make her like you. I don't know if i made this clear but if you don't get the point say it.

And why not look for someone else even if this one is still pendant? If you get two girls interested in you, then my friend, your life will not be boring anymore.

And why do you want to know about guys having younger girlfriends? I don't really know.

I only have one life so I'm tired of being shy or fearing rejection I'm going to call her right now and her if she wants to go to see HSM3 with me :)

I seee... you want her to sleep at the movies so you can feel her up ^_^ Good plan... at least take her out to a good movie ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ctk495 said:
Flow said:
ctk495 said:

HSM3? Are you serious? Well, i seriously hope she likes it and, of course, she accepts your invitation. But not having fear of rejection doesn't mean rushing things out, so be careful there.

And when you are there with her, have fun boy ;)

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"