By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: TP and Galaxy could have been better; Punch-Out, Portal, and more

ok now im really excited...

Around the Network

All this interview really made me do was think "god, Portal would be awesome on the Wii."

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Oh man would I love another Galaxy game with these 'improvement suggestions' added in :P

That felt like an Iwata interview.

Good job, Totilo. I'm becoming a bit of a fan.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Im glad even Mr Miyamoto agrees that there was something missing from TP, I cant tell exactly what, but it was a awesome game none the less.

Also that he liked Portal.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

I agree, both could be better. (SMG & TP)

TP; not sure what was missing. Maybe the lack of deep side quests, maybe the emptyness of the overworld or maybe it was too similar to OOT. Not sure.

SMG; really was fantastic, in graphics & sound and gameplay. Exept for one thing, you couldn't get the stars in any order you wanted, like you could in Mario64. For me that is quite significant, cause the game gets a bit too straight forward. The exploration factor was all gone.

Good interview. No doubt he'll be pleased that I agree with him too.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...