By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Treyarch:Call Of Duty 5 is best shooter this christmas.

"Call of Duty: World at War will beat Gears of War and Resistance 2, insists developer

Activision-owned developer Treyarch feels its latest Call of Duty title will top the likes of Gears of War, Far Cry and Resistance 2 to become the must-have shooter of Christmas."

“There’s a lot of competition this year, but I feel very strongly we have the best shooter this Christmas,” he explained. “There is a lot of people new to the Call of Duty franchise following COD4, and they won’t be disappointed."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32141/Treyarch-Weve-got-the-best-shooter-this-Christmas

1 word: Lol.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

what's wrong with a dev saying that their game is the best?

Well, they certainly have a solid case on Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yeah it will be the best shooter behind Gears 2, Resistance 2, Dead Space, Bioshock , Far Cry 2 and Stalker (did I forget anything). Seriously the videos look better than I expected but they are Treyarch so they will find a way to make it suck.

Well I agree with Viper1... this is pretty much the best FPS for the Wii this year... for the PS360... well it has one hell of a competition...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Kyros that was the funniest post i've read today.

Well as far as sales go, it has a good chance at beating out everyone. As far as quality, it's hard to say. The only one i've plaed is Call of Duty 5 and it's one hell of a multiplayer, even if it is in many ways a reskinning of COD4.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Its pretty easy to say that about your own game...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I think Gears 2 and Resistance 2 will be better..
We'll see though

I think this has some chance,but I hope it doens't.
I mean Gears is almost big as Halo, and Resistance is..well Resistance.

Take my love, take my land..