By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Call for Predictions: The Last Remnant and Gears 2 O/W

Very simple quasi-prediction league. We did this with Tales of Vesperia, and tons of other games such as Fable 2.

Both games are the respective "biggies" when it comes to the worldwide market, and both in their own rights. It's an odd choice for TLR versus Gears, but if you've watched the Japanese market, and it's adoption of the X360, then you know it's very important.

Very simple to predict:

The Last Remnant

• First Week by Region
  • Life to Date by Region
  • Hardware Sales in Japan

Gears of War 2

• First Week by Region
  • Life to Date by Region

Gears game ends just before it debuts on Nov. 7th....On November 5th. TLR debuts on 11/20/08 worldwide.

My predictions:

The Last Remnant:

• Opening Week: 160k JP, 80k NA, 50k EU
  • Life to Date: 250k JP, 200k NA, 150k EU
  • Hardware sales in Japan: 30k on opening week (with bundles)

Gears of War 2:

• Opening Week: 1.8m NA, 700k EU (2.5m w/w)
  • Life to Date: 5.5m NA, 2.3m EU (7.8m w/w)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Last remnant.

Japan- 110k
Us- 70k
Others- 60k

Hardware - 35k

Gears of war 2.

Us- 1.5 million
Others- 500k
Japan - 60k

Lifetime- 6.5 million

I'll predict the most important thing :
the last remnant effect on hardware sales in japan : 65 k with bundles

Last Remnant:

1st week:

JP 100k / US 80k / Others 60k

LTD: JP 160k / US 120k / Others 100k /// 380 k worldwide

Hardware: 25k in Japan

Gears of War2

1st week

US 2 million / Others 600k

LTD US 4.5 million / Others 2 million

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The Last Remnant:

• Opening Week: 110k JP, 60k NA, 40k EU
  • Life to Date: 200k JP, 140k NA, 90k EU
  • Hardware sales in Japan: 40k on opening week (with bundles)

Gears of War 2:

• Opening Week: 1.8m NA, 700k EU (2.5m w/w)
  • Life to Date: 5.5m NA, 2.3m EU (7.8m w/w)

i mostly agree with ur numbers apart from last remnant, i do not belive last remnant will be anything stella aprt from japan where even infinite undiscovery did well. i have put hardware in japan for last remnant at 10k higher than your prediction

i certainly do take my hat off to microsoft they have gotten 3 rpg out in japan in a spate of a few months, tales of vesp - infinite - and now last remnant, and going into 2009 they will have star ocean so i congraats them for that, even though last remnant is out on ps3 later in 2009 i do not feel it will sell as well.

if it wasnt for exclusive white knight and exclusive ff13 in japan, i would have imagined 360 to overtake ps3 in japan.

but having said that even with these releases i would imagine 360 to close the gap

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Gears 2

First Week: 1.5-2mil (Got a lot of leverage here, not sure about it)
Lifetime: America: 5million Europe 1.5-2million

TLR

First Week
80-100K America 100-120K Japan Europe 60-80K

Lifetime: America 500k Japan 150K Europe 200K

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

i mostly agree with ur numbers apart from last remnant, i do not belive last remnant will be anything stella aprt from japan where even infinite undiscovery did well. i have put hardware in japan for last remnant at 10k higher than your prediction

i certainly do take my hat off to microsoft they have gotten 3 rpg out in japan in a spate of a few months, tales of vesp - infinite - and now last remnant, and going into 2009 they will have star ocean so i congraats them for that, even though last remnant is out on ps3 later in 2009 i do not feel it will sell as well.

if it wasnt for exclusive white knight and exclusive ff13 in japan, i would have imagined 360 to overtake ps3 in japan.

but having said that even with these releases i would imagine 360 to close the gap

I barely even decided to include TLR for the Western markets, but figured I would since I threw Gears in too.

The advantage TLR has in the West is that it releases near Black Friday, the largest shopping day each year in the US. Since it's so close, I believe that it may see larger-than-normal sales, since it's so close to such an important shopping day.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The Last Remnant

• First Week by Region

----------------- Japan -- 120K, NA -- 90K, EU -- 50K

• Life to Date by Region

----------------- Japan -- 300K (Will raise bar for JRPG sales), NA -- 200K, EU -- 120K

• Hardware Sales in Japan

----------------- 50K (As I said will raise the bar for 360)

Gears of War 2

• First Week by Region

----------------- NA -- 1.5 Million, EU -- 500K

• Life to Date by Region

----------------- NA -- 3.3 Million , EU -- 1.9 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:

I barely even decided to include TLR for the Western markets, but figured I would since I threw Gears in too.

The advantage TLR has in the West is that it releases near Black Friday, the largest shopping day each year in the US. Since it's so close, I believe that it may see larger-than-normal sales, since it's so close to such an important shopping day.

could be possible, i know over here games like LR dont usually stay at 39.99 for long, at my local gamestation IU was at 29.99 new after only a few weeks so i suppose during a shopping trip ppl will buy this game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Excuse me sirs, why are TLR LTD predictions so low? If its just as good as Lost Odyssey should it not expect similar sales?

Tease.