By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Worldwide PS3 sales beat XBOX 360 in Q2

Brilliant PS3 Brilliant!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

well that just settles it then sony domination all round

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

looking it at another way;

ps3 shipped more but sold the same amount of stock
x360 shipped less but (assumable) sold the same amount of stock

:>

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

either way ps3 has the better games in 2008 and will be the same scenario in 2009

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Neos said:

Good thing that Sony is more concerned with Shipment numbers than sell-through, seeing as that they don't get paid for every PS3 sold, but every PS3 shipped.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

Good thing that Sony is more concerned with Shipment numbers than sell-through, seeing as that they don't get paid for every PS3 sold, but every PS3 shipped.

really, so they finally make a profit on the ps3?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Naah.Tomorrow Microsoft says that it reports was false and buts 1 M on it...Just like last year when it was supossed to be above Wii.

Take my love, take my land..

Skeeuk said:
either way ps3 has the better games in 2008 and will be the same scenario in 2009

That's an opinion, not fact...  oh wait, we are on the Sony forum, sorry.  (mentions no 360 games and backs away...).

Parting comment though, sales for the PS3 given the current global economy issues and it's relatively high price are very good.  I think the inclusion of Wi-Fi and Blu-ray is both a blessing and a curse to the PS3; increased value vis-a-vis it's direct competitor, but too expensive to allow a price drop to really spur sales. 

Regadless, healthy competition in the HD market is all I care about; Sony and MS have to find profitable business models for HD consoles or we are possibly in danger of all going the way of the Wii.  Unlike others I don't hate on the  Wii but it's a different experience then is available on the PS3/360 and while I think it compliments those experiences, I wouldn't want it to completely replace it.  Damn am I enough off topic now?  Sorry.

Go PS3!  Lower your price soon so that I can justify the cost even though I have so little time to play any of the games I already have!

Good for ps3.

It begins.