By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Sony losing money on it's games division still is bad for all gamers.

I was hoping to buy one of my best friends a PS3 this Christmas (we are just about to finish University this year, and he's helped me out so much the whole degree).

Then afterwards in January or February I was going to pick one up for myself.

Now I just cannot justify either purchase at $AU700 a piece.  I was hoping for a price cut, but it really wont happen now.

Sigh.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

pray for pricecut.

Are you joking here?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Are you joking here?

?

you can blame the strong yen,,,,cause gaming division is doing much better but the damn yen is just too strong now,,,or the dollar is too weak now.

Around the Network

Well, if you were going to buy two PS3s, you can just get one for yourself instead.

Yeah, the yen is now about 10% stronger vs the dollar than it was a month or two ago.  My Nintendo stock got slammed along with every other damn thing.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Yeah, the yen is now about 10% stronger vs the dollar than it was a month or two ago.  My Nintendo stock got slammed along with every other damn thing.

All that means is instead of Sony loosing 378 mil they would have lost 350 million.

Awww want a hug?

Garamond said:
Well, if you were going to buy two PS3s, you can just get one for yourself instead.

Nah, he takes priority.

He has no next gen consoles and I have two.

I will have too much to play this holiday season.  Besides, he'll probably get himself one for Christmas, so if I'm going to get the gift it has to be in the next month.