By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto reactions to bad Reviews on Wii Music

Wii music surely isn't for everyone. My only point in all this is that the people that are going to be buying this probably haven't even heard of IGN. The game could be terrible, but with Wii somehow carrying through for a 3rd straight Christmas season, it's going to sell a ton and Miyamoto knows it. Even if it doesn't, I can't imagine there being a Titanic amount of investment in Wii music anyway. It's a pretty simple concept.

Around the Network

@khuutra -- yes.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
@khuutra -- yes.

Yes but I need you to rephrase it. Could you reduce it to one sentence?

Sony will be ahead in sales in this gen by January 31st, 2008. And Wii Music is not selling at all well. I don't know why the comments above are trying so hard to inidicate that it is.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Oh bless you, sir.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Oh bless you, sir.

LOL at your signature  

January 2008?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

kingofwale said:
Okay, can Miyamoto actually believe in his heart that Wii music is a good game? Seriously now. 

Well, it is. Far better than this reviewer-led smear campaign would have people believe. Is this how low reviewers will sink in their war on the Wii?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Soma said:
Khuutra said:

Oh bless you, sir.

LOL at your signature  

January 2008?

He said it, not me.

Millennium said:
kingofwale said:
Okay, can Miyamoto actually believe in his heart that Wii music is a good game? Seriously now.

Well, it is. Far better than this reviewer-led smear campaign would have people believe. Is this how low reviewers will sink in their war on the Wii?

In a misguided war against mainstream interests, integrity can sink into the negative numbers. Rest assured, we've only begun to see just how low the incumbent gaming media are really willing to stoop.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I changed the quote, Paul. Hope you don't mind. I just made it so it reflected your original statement, instead of being impossible. I figure you made a typo.

Sky Render: Do you think? I mean, harassing company reps during an interview with badgering for "proof" of not abandoning the hardcore is pretty low.