By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto reactions to bad Reviews on Wii Music

Seems nice and calm

Miyamoto: There’s two ways I can talk about that. One is, I think — you point out the IGN review in particular. And my guess is that rather than it being an instance that the individual who wrote that — I’m not sure if it was Matt [Casamassina, IGN's Wii editor] or not — but whoever wrote that review, I think that the perception is because they’re a core gamer they don’t like “Wii Music.” And, in fact, what I think is that the ideas behind “Wii Music” simply didn’t resonate with that individual. [Note from Stephen: Casamassina did indeed write the review.] I don’t think it was a case of: because they like games, they don’t like “Wii Music.” That person simply didn’t like what we presented in “Wii Music.”

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/28/one-on-one-with-miyamoto-part-two/

Around the Network

He will not be nice and calm if he gets his hands on the gameinformers review;

Like a fat Buddha, Miyamoto is always smiling. It must be impossible to make him angry.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Okay, can Miyamoto actually believe in his heart that Wii music is a good game? Seriously now.

I mean, I know developers don't talk about their failed games, but in their heart, they know if their own game is not deserving a good score.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Oh, he's calm now.

But next time he sees Matt I hope he upend the tea table on his ass.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I think, with Miyamoto, it's a case of not taking things too seriously. The man makes games for a living, after all. And he makes a habit of restarting projects that are nearly finished if they don't satisfy him, something that no easily-angered person would ever do. If he didn't know what it meant to be laid-back, he'd never have gotten as far as he has with the policies he follows.

He has gotten angry before, though. Just... not the usual sort of angry you'd expect. Most of his outbursts have to do with when a project isn't going the way he wants it to go, or when a project member is clearly not in tune with the idea behind the project. And even there, he never seems to do anything worse than scare the people working under him with the prospect of an even bigger workload.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

@Kingofwale: yes, because we all know that what you like=what everybody likes. Read Sky Render's review and come back, k?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Incidentally, kingofwale, have you honestly played Wii Music at all, or are you just practicing hearsay? I ask out of curiosity, as many internet forumgoers seem to be bashing the game without even so much as 5 minutes' worth of play time for it, let alone several hours.

Funnily enough, there's a very appropriate quote about that sort of behavior in a Nintendo game...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

thekitchensink said:
@Kingofwale: yes, because we all know that what you like=what everybody likes. Read Sky Render's review and come back, k?

Somehow Sky Render's review is better than Matt's?

We all heard about developers bitching and whinning about review scores, from LAIR to Kane and Lynch to... heck, the developer of "Kidz, Sports" series made the exact same argument... that "core gamer" reviewer doesn't know how to review 'casual games'.

Frankly, I'm sick of that argument.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Sky Render said:
Incidentally, kingofwale, have you honestly played Wii Music at all, or are you just practicing hearsay? I ask out of curiosity, as many internet forumgoers seem to be bashing the game without even so much as 5 minutes' worth of play time for it, let alone several hours.

What if I tell you I had 2 hours of playing it? (yes I did), and does that make my point any more valid?

heck, what difference does it make how many hours I played this game? Matt from IGN played tons of the game and people still doubt what he says.

selnor
Episode 2: