By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata bombed, 10k 1st week(NA).

BengaBenga said:
axumblade said:
BengaBenga said:
I really start wondering where the PS2 JRPG fans are.

Most of them play World of Warcraft now....or at least 11 million of them. ;)

Since when is that a JRPG?

I meant that I don't have a clue which console the PS2-JRPG lovers now have. It's clearly not the PS3, otherwise ES would have sold much better, despite being a year old port. But they also don't massively adopt 360, since those JRPGs sold well, but not on a PS2 level. I doubt they're on Wii, since they have yet to get their first JRPG.

They can't have just vanished, since JRPG gamers are pretty core.

I have a Wii and 360. My friends used to play RPG on their ps2. Now, they are not playing any RPG on Wii. Most people don't buy a console for a genre. They buy a console and then play the games on it. Many people probably bought Final Fantasy because of the name but weren't fans of RPGs at all.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
You dont need me to do that Bitmap Frogs,reality speaks louder that me.Each time somebody says something like this to me after one of my remarks 4 times out of five they have to take their words back when NPD/Gfk data is released.

4 out of 5? ha!

Every single time the ps3 or a ps3 title doesn't perform as expected you are there to discredit the numbers. The ps3 and its games have been underperforming since day 1, I'm sure you got your ass handled back to you in a platter more often than you'd like to admit.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Impulsivity said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about with all the disapointment. This game was NOT a big hit. It sold 250k total on the 360 over a year, its not like its some million copy selling game that underperformed. It is more or less performing the same on the PS3 as on the 360 (better in Japan, not quite as well in NA).

It's not like a port turns a semi flop into a hit.

I don't know what YOU are talking about.

It sold 250k units without Others sales. It's probably at 300-350k.

It's definitely NOT performing the same. Not even better in Japan !!!! 360 version has better legs. Go and look for yourself if you don't believe me.

Barozi said:
Impulsivity said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about with all the disapointment. This game was NOT a big hit. It sold 250k total on the 360 over a year, its not like its some million copy selling game that underperformed. It is more or less performing the same on the PS3 as on the 360 (better in Japan, not quite as well in NA).

It's not like a port turns a semi flop into a hit.

I don't know what YOU are talking about.

It sold 250k units without Others sales. It's probably at 300-350k.

It's definitely NOT performing the same. Not even better in Japan !!!! 360 version has better legs. Go and look for yourself if you don't believe me.

OH! It might be 300k with others!  I didn't think of that.  See at 250k its just barely past flop in sales, but at 300k its a massive hit!  It selling just over 100k on the PS3 in the first 2 weeks is a horrid travesty then (without others)!  After all 100k is only 1/3rd of what it sold on the 360 in a year!

As I said...a game that sells poorly (and yes under half a million sold in a year is NOT good) on its first console can't be expected to sell THAT well on the 2nd console if kept at the same price.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Godot said:
BengaBenga said:
axumblade said:
BengaBenga said:
I really start wondering where the PS2 JRPG fans are.

Most of them play World of Warcraft now....or at least 11 million of them. ;)

Since when is that a JRPG?

I meant that I don't have a clue which console the PS2-JRPG lovers now have. It's clearly not the PS3, otherwise ES would have sold much better, despite being a year old port. But they also don't massively adopt 360, since those JRPGs sold well, but not on a PS2 level. I doubt they're on Wii, since they have yet to get their first JRPG.

They can't have just vanished, since JRPG gamers are pretty core.

I have a Wii and 360. My friends used to play RPG on their ps2. Now, they are not playing any RPG on Wii. Most people don't buy a console for a genre. They buy a console and then play the games on it. Many people probably bought Final Fantasy because of the name but weren't fans of RPGs at all.

Sounds plausible, maybe a lot have indeed moved to Wii. We can see if Symphonia sells well. Should sell at least 300.000 imo.