By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata bombed, 10k 1st week(NA).

If you think about it, there is very little logic in buying a PS3 for JRPGs to begin with.

Most who did, were going off the assumption that because the PS2 has been the best platform for JRPGs, the PS3 would naturally follow suit. Only thing is, two years later, it hasn't happened.

And for those who bought one for FFXIII; why on earth would anyone buy a $600 or even $400 console for a game that isn't scheduled to be released until 2010? And that was even before it was announced for the 360.

So my only assumption can be, barring the small niche of JRPG playing PS3 owners, is that most people who currently own a PS3, DON'T CARE about JRPGs.

Around the Network

Is there even a reason for timed exclusives? I mean you are going to release a game on one console and then release it on another console on a later date. You're better off releasing it on both consoles simultaneously instead. Btw when did this trend of timed exclusives start all of a sudden? Capcom did it, Namco did it, now SE is doing it with LR

blazinhead89 said:
WKC will prove if PS3 can shift JRPGs not some year old port of a mediocre game >_>

This. Except I did hope ES would hit atleast 24K first week.

4 ≈ One

darkhaven63 said:
Is there even a reason for timed exclusives? I mean you are going to release a game on one console and then release it on another console on a later date. You're better off releasing it on both consoles simultaneously instead. Btw when did this trend of timed exclusives start all of a sudden? Capcom did it, Namco did it, now SE is doing it with LR

When Microsoft opens their checkbook. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
BengaBenga said:
axumblade said:
BengaBenga said:
I really start wondering where the PS2 JRPG fans are.

Most of them play World of Warcraft now....or at least 11 million of them. ;)

Since when is that a JRPG?

I meant that I don't have a clue which console the PS2-JRPG lovers now have. It's clearly not the PS3, otherwise ES would have sold much better, despite being a year old port. But they also don't massively adopt 360, since those JRPGs sold well, but not on a PS2 level. I doubt they're on Wii, since they have yet to get their first JRPG.

They can't have just vanished, since JRPG gamers are pretty core.

There still on PS2, and a good amount is in "Hiding" till Final Fantasy XIII Comes out, and quite abit have moved to the DS or PSP or BOTH, and lastly they will swarm the streets when Versus XIII comes out exclusively for the Trinity.

Those are my guesses, i know for certain 100% 2 of them are correct.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
BengaBenga said:
axumblade said:
BengaBenga said:
I really start wondering where the PS2 JRPG fans are.

Most of them play World of Warcraft now....or at least 11 million of them. ;)

Since when is that a JRPG?

I meant that I don't have a clue which console the PS2-JRPG lovers now have. It's clearly not the PS3, otherwise ES would have sold much better, despite being a year old port. But they also don't massively adopt 360, since those JRPGs sold well, but not on a PS2 level. I doubt they're on Wii, since they have yet to get their first JRPG.

They can't have just vanished, since JRPG gamers are pretty core.

DS This  

They are still playing all the JRPG's on the PS2 Or this

Well ,it can also be a mistake in estimation by vgchartz ....software numbers have been showed to have great discrepancies many times.

Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,it can also be a mistake in estimation by vgchartz ....software numbers have been showed to have great discrepancies many times.

You can always count with Diomedes to discredit the numbers whenever they bring bad news for Sony /yawn.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

You dont need me to do that Bitmap Frogs,reality speaks louder that me.Each time somebody says something like this to me after one of my remarks 4 times out of five they have to take their words back when NPD/Gfk data is released.

BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:
leo-j said:
10k is very bad IMO

Even if it did release a year later, to me it seems that those RPG hungry gamers havent moved onto a ps3 yet..

Some rationality at last.

That's not "some rationality", that just what you want to see it as. You want to claim that the 360 is the "RPG king". How about I apply that logic to Bioshock. Bioshock is a high profile shooter, which the PS3 has a good fanbase for, and it sold like crap on the PS3. Is it because "shooter starved gamers haven't come to the PS3 yet"? No, it's because it's an old, full price game that would have been played by the majority of people when it came out a whole 12 months ago. Not to mention every big game is being release with days of each other because it's the holdays

There are over 2 million PS3 owners in Japan and only a litte under 800k 360 owners, and I'm willing to bet that it will sell less on the PS3 over there.

Let's see what happens when they start getting simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this.  The Bioshock argument falls flat on it's face for two reasons:

1. The shooter environment on the Xbox 360 is undeniably more favourable.

2. There are a TONNE of shooters on the PS3.

JRPG's are a whole different can of worms.  For months we have been hearing that the moment someone puts a good JRPG on the PS3 it will sell.  There was supposedely this big base of ugraded PS2 JRPG lovers (like Benga was talking about) just waiting to skoop them up. 

But nope, the good JRPG is there, and the sales are not.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS