By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

StanGable said:
blazinhead89 said:
IT will have great legs

Me? Really??? Do I have to go through the countless LBP threads for you and start quoting the ridiculous predictions about a no-named game popular amongst internet geeks??? I'm sure you can find them on your own!

It could sell well, but it could also be suffering from the Cloverfield effect.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
uuummm only PREORDER copies have been selling. The game's actual release date is October 29 which is tomorrow. That 164k is mainly preorder customers, so some people in this thread are EXTREMELY misinformed.

no they where not, my niece just walked in store and bought a copy

I don't know how many shops were selling it, due to living in Australia (and not having been to the shops in a few weeks anyway)

It's not great first week sales, but hopefully week 2 is good

I think Sony would have been better off issuing an apology and an optional patch for the song, rather than a recall

Gamestop and some bestbuys had the games on Saturday for preorders

I am pretty sure stores like Walmart are not even selling this game yet. We even sure all the early sales are included? Oct. 21st Walmart sales or even the UK sales due to broken street date?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think it's fantastic considering it was only preorders, and with only limited availability. Next week it should sell more, 200K at the very least

a statement from ioi about LBP would be cool....I mean just so we know for sure it was just a few stores selling it or sumthing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wasnt it officially released TODAY ?

SleepWaking said:
CGI-Quality said:
uuummm only PREORDER copies have been selling. The game's actual release date is October 29 which is tomorrow. That 164k is mainly preorder customers, so some people in this thread are EXTREMELY misinformed.

no they where not, my niece just walked in store and bought a copy

if that was today...then those sales won't be counted in

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

come on man, i expected better from you. As a big fan you should know what's going on. Sad.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)