By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

What does "HUGE" mean again?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

By the way, I was wrong about ToysRus release date. It is Oct 31st, not the 30th.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
The way these things generally work is if one big chain (in this case EB) breaks street date, the others do within hours as well.

Sorry, but it looks like LBP is anything but huge.

Certainly not a bomb, but PS3 fanboys need to move onto the next saviour (unless LBP does something MONSTROUS in EU).

Did you miss the whole recall fiasco?  Or are you being sarcastic?  :S

And streets dates are only broken regularly in Europe.  In NA, at best you'll find a lone Toys R Us or Wal-mart breaking a street date on accident.

I did not.  But at the end of the day, it is clear that a large number of stores DID receive copies early and DID sell them.  Especially on Saturday.

That not withstanding, unless the game can double this weeks numbers next week, it will have failed to meet expectations.

And if it cannot triple this weeks numbers next week, it most certainly will NOT be HUGE!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don't know, we will have to wait and see.

One of the reasons why publishers fight so hard to maintain a "street date" is because if one store releases a game early they can (effectively) sell out at the expense of other stores and it isn't "Fair" ... Most publishers don't want to deal with a variety of retailers getting mad because another retailer gets their delivery a day early, or Wallmart's distribution network is faster than Fedex.

If you have a game that will sell 200,000 copies Week one and retailers release 150,000 copies a week early those 150,000 copies will sell out rapdily as everyone who was interested in the game will check their local store in order to be one of the "Lucky" ones to buy the game early. At the same time, the game will also sell out just as quickly if it was going to sell 500,000 copies on week one ...

i am still waiting for my copy :(

Around the Network
heruamon said:
What does "HUGE" mean again?

Seriously bro, read the OP.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

BMaker11 said:
.....I'm only looking at the first page so I don't know if it's been adressed yet, but these "1st week" sales are only from broken street dates. The game didn't officially release until last Saturday...and if you think that VGC has those numbers already then you're crazy

The game officially released today.  Only some GameStops recieved copies on Saturday, and only for those who pre-ordered the game.

Also, Saturday's sales are included in the numbers.

Uhh, can you guys stop arguing, you have no idea what the significance of these stats actually are. So sit back, relax, shut up and WAIT.

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
The way these things generally work is if one big chain (in this case EB) breaks street date, the others do within hours as well.

Sorry, but it looks like LBP is anything but huge.

Certainly not a bomb, but PS3 fanboys need to move onto the next saviour (unless LBP does something MONSTROUS in EU).

Did you miss the whole recall fiasco?  Or are you being sarcastic?  :S

And streets dates are only broken regularly in Europe.  In NA, at best you'll find a lone Toys R Us or Wal-mart breaking a street date on accident.

I did not.  But at the end of the day, it is clear that a large number of stores DID receive copies early and DID sell them.  Especially on Saturday.

That not withstanding, unless the game can double this weeks numbers next week, it will have failed to meet expectations.

And if it cannot triple this weeks numbers next week, it most certainly will NOT be HUGE!!!

You don't think LBP can surpass "limited" 1 day sales in 1 full week?

Currently playing:

Honestly I couldbt get LBP from gamestop..

They only sold to those that pre ordered at there stores

mM