By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Check out my Awesome Little Big Planet Level!!!

Hawkeye said:
It looks like you did a your level, but I have a concern with the game:
is it highly customizable, accessible, and charming, yet lacking depth? I saw no power ups, few enemies, one running speed, ect. This wouldn't hurt the creation side, but it looks like the platforming itself might get boring after 50-75 hours.

for creation it's very customizable, I stuck to basic platforming on mine, but my real interest in making this board was enjoying some of the visual elements, making it dark, and playing with the lights was really cool, the super fast elevator, was a neat part, I just wanted motion and color and to visural, but that's my board, other people can have, and in the game you can have a rocket ship, a controlable robot, emitters are things that generate items, so you can use them to spawn enemies, or bullets for a gun. you can have several vehicles and have a four player coop race, you can do a little repeating board to see how long you last, since you can add cutscenes and you can do lots of interesting motions you can have a board that just tells a story. if your wondering how big the range is just surf youtube videos of it, it's quite impressive. but nonetheless there are some limitiations, you may argue a lackof depth, there is no powerups(yet you can ride vehicles, and fly in a jet pack) one running spead is true, but with the rocket you can go surprisingly fast. enemies, there are as many as you want. but in the levels there is less the your average side scroller. 50-75 hours is a lot but if you get into the community, and get into creating your own stuff, you can easily spend 100s of hours, I spent 14 hours on this level, and I have like a dozen other ideas I'm excited to try, in fact I haven't even beat the game yet, because I'm so busy creating, and now I'm excited to try other peoples creations. And there is cool mini game levels that are competitions with people online and such, so there is plenty to do.

Other people are recreating other sidescrollers, one guy made tetris, someone else made a transforming robot/car thing. someone made a calculator, the possibilites are endless.

Around the Network
fooflexible said:
Jo21 said:
is that your voice at the end =O

yes it is, I know I kind sounds funny popping in at the end.

actually no it sounds quite decent.

fooflexible said:
Jo21 said:
is that your voice at the end =O

yes it is, I know I kind sounds funny popping in at the end.

actually no it sounds quite decent.

it looks awesome

Looks awsome

mM
Around the Network

yeah i will try it soon than i get the game

very nice.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Hi foof, I'm a Wii only owner, but that was a great effort, and your excitement is awsome, best of gaming to ya!

It looks great, but 12 hours is a long time to spend on creating a level in a game.

The light effects are awesome